Archer

O

old.ickle_201

While im here Is an archer a good class to be or are they lame, unpowerful and bad for teamwork?

G

granny

Archers rock, I've got a lvl 19 ranger on Hib/Excal and he's my fave character so far :) Excellent solo and great for pulling in groups and from what I hear very good in RvR for sniping ;)

Be warned though - they're easy to mess up with a few spec points in the wrong place, make sure you read a few character guides before starting one.

F

Fex

I really loved my hunter ( Mid/Pry) untill about lvl 27 when i found it really hard to get into groups as it aint the best char for a group, if you want to solo and do alot of work alone then its a great char to play. I now have a runemaster at lvl 15 and he's great fun to play too but the one char i really love playing is my druid on hib/excal great for grouping and good soloing if you get sick of groups just a shame that all my mates are on mid pryd but nm.

C

cleeve

Aph-

totally agree about Druids on HIb (also on Pryd) - I have a lvl12 Druid there atm and he is excellent. If I tick the looking for a group box I get flooded with invites within minutes - If I want to solo I just head off into the wilds with my trusty pet and start pulling and mullering beasties.

What surprises me about druids is how versatile they are - they are really good fun to play.

I have also been casting envious eyes at rangers - I always look for them if I have a group as they can pull mobs from silly distances allowing the rest of the party time to pick their targets for hold and mezz spells.

I find the Duid Holding spells (binding vines etc) to be very very good at holding most beasties for about 10 secs or so - this is often enough for eldritches / rangers to pound them into oblivion.

Cheers

Revor

W

WPKenny

Moving slightly off topic. The best char I've found is my spiritmaster.

I got him up to level 14 the other night (I also have a healer that's L13 so I divide my time) by just sitting outside the southern vendo camp, northwest of Mularn.

I rarely used my spirit as my spells were powerful enough to kill blues and yellows before they even scratched me.

I would have liked to have gone for oranges but if I sent my SM into the middle of the camp, he would have got mobbed, and if I had cast a pulling spell, I found it extremely difficult to get the SM to aggro it off of me. After dying twice, I gave up.

The SM can handle oranges with no probs as long as you leave the spirit till near death, casting the occasional debuff or damage spell on the mob, then, when the spirit is around 1/4 health, blast the crap out of the mob, and even if it does aggro onto you, it won't live long enough to do any damage.

O

old.Shill

Can't beat a good old fashioned warrior :)

Especially if he is a dwarf and jumps around alot :)

------------------------------
Haf Razzit
Lvl 18 Dwarf Warrior (That jumps around alot)
Mid/Pry
Expedient Demise Guild

O

old.ickle_201

So i will either make a druid or a archer? Which one would be best for a n00b
:uhoh:

G

granny

Oi Aphex I'm on Hib/Excal, what's yer char name?

C

cleeve

ickle

it doesnt matter m8

I started with naturalist (hibernia) and just went from there - I was (heh still am in some respects) a complete daoc n00b a week and a half ago. Its easy to get into..

One piece of advice - whatever u start as - DO NOT spend your skill points until you know what your character needs for his career path.

(I waited til lvl 5 and I had chosen to be a druid before I spent any)

Cheers

Revor

F

Fex

My name on Hib is Lagolas Elendil, most of my DAoC tome goes to my new lvl 15 runie tho Paladir on mid.

O

old.Mr Burns

Kenny - I have to agree with you on the spiritmaster front. My character is level 22 now, and he is great for groups - the spiritwarrior adds another level 20 fighter to a group (and he nukes), my dd spells do at least 80 damage per hit (most i got is 200 with critical damage), and i can act as a backup healer as well. Only problem is the spiritmaster still is very weak, and only takes a couple of hits from a purple or red to be killed. Much better than my skald tho (Hoidi lev 12 - pull hit, hit, hit etc... (very boring).

Btw Kenny - if you need any spiritmaster stuff, give me a /send - i've got a bit of old stuff lying around which will be good for you till at least lev 15ish

F

Fex

ARGH, cant play the sodding game as my free month has ran out and the subscription page is down add to that the subscription password i wrote down seems to be wrong and i cant log on to the forums as they seem to have lost/misplaced my account and all i get is sorry that user was not found, i tried to register again but it says there's already a forum account registered to that game account. Not a good day :(

O

old.djskum

having the same problem m8! No-one to phone about it either, can't get no tech suport!!!

O

old.djskum

Jeez their support sux!!! Can't emphasise that enough at this point!!!

O

old.djskum

How the fuck am I supposed to pay!!! Will this be another 2 days of fucking around waiting 4 those slack bastards to sort themselves out!!! Or is there security soooo shit that they've been hacked again and given our credit card numbers to half of Russia!!!

O

old.djskum

I take it all back ;-) the registration page is back up, lets hope I can get the girlfriends credit card detailos off her b4 it dies again ;-)

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Mr Burns
Kenny - I have to agree with you on the spiritmaster front. My character is level 22 now, and he is great for groups - the spiritwarrior adds another level 20 fighter to a group (and he nukes), my dd spells do at least 80 damage per hit (most i got is 200 with critical damage), and i can act as a backup healer as well. Only problem is the spiritmaster still is very weak, and only takes a couple of hits from a purple or red to be killed. Much better than my skald tho (Hoidi lev 12 - pull hit, hit, hit etc... (very boring).

Btw Kenny - if you need any spiritmaster stuff, give me a /send - i've got a bit of old stuff lying around which will be good for you till at least lev 15ish

Ta Burnsey. It wasn't all that long ago when I was nurturing you. Heh, now you're giving me staffs that con purple to me heh.

*slightly jealous*

S

SFXman

Well I am enjoying every moment with my scout who is now L18. Nothing is more fun then getting a yellow con's health down to 1/2 or 1/3 before they even get to hit you.
Plus I can't wait till I get to go on a rampage in RvR, although I still have to get quite a few levels before that :mad:

P

Pfy

Originally posted by SFXman
Well I am enjoying every moment with my scout who is now L18. Nothing is more fun then getting a yellow con's health down to 1/2 or 1/3 before they even get to hit you.
Plus I can't wait till I get to go on a rampage in RvR, although I still have to get quite a few levels before that :mad:

Yes, I must admit I'm quite enjoying my scout at the moment. I think I might have some gear if you want it SFXman. /send me and I'll check.

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Pfy

Yes, I must admit I'm quite enjoying my scout at the moment. I think I might have some gear if you want it SFXman. /send me and I'll check.

Lol, duh. Just noticed you're on prydwen ... nm :/

S

SFXman

Hehe, was just going to post saying that sure I'll accept stuff. Doh, you're not on Prydwen :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom