Arcade Sticks

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Been educating my son in the fine art of Street Fighter and he now has a Switch with Ultra SF2 and Street Fighter Collection (as well as a PC with MAME and a SNES Mini).

We've been playing on various pads but thought the time was right to get proper sticks. Since I might donate him my PS4 when I get round to getting a Pro I thought a PS4 stick would be best (already have a Brook PS4->Switch converter).

I bought a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4.

I then modded it with a Sanwa JLF stick :)

Will buy another one for two-player probably. Does anyone have any other/better ideas about what stick? Anyone use anything different?

Incidentally, it's been 15 years or so since I used a stick (Dreamcast era) rather than a pad. It's taking some re-adjusting :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Daley Thompson's Decathlon. Try playing that fucker without a joystick. Nuff sed. Was hard enough using a joystick and when forced to use buttons fuck off cunt. Get a proper arcade machine.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Daley Thompson's Decathlon. Try playing that fucker without a joystick. Nuff sed. Was hard enough using a joystick and when forced to use buttons fuck off cunt. Get a proper arcade machine.
Used to use a kempston joystick for my speccy back in the day wrecked a few playing this game :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Used to use a kempston joystick for my speccy back in the day wrecked a few playing this game :)
Same. I spent a fortune on my Speccy. Microdrive, kempston joystick, the thing that allowed you to pirate shit. Cannot remember the name.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Same. I spent a fortune on my Speccy. Microdrive, kempston joystick, the thing that allowed you to pirate shit. Cannot remember the name.
Just used my old mans tape to tape to copy games. And then photocopy manuals that had copy protection

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just used my old mans tape to tape to copy games. And then photocopy manuals that had copy protection
I used to do all that. I am sure I have a speccy at the ex's house with all my stuff.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Had 48k and a +2. Sold the +2 to get an atari st.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had 48k and a +2. Sold the +2 to get an atari st.
Really? I went Spectrum -> Atari and never touched a C64 unless it was to listen to the music from Thing On A Spring. Fucking awesome music in the day.

Syri

FH is my second home
I started with an Atari 2600 (the wooden panelled one) and then got a c64 when I was about 6 or 7... never had an Amstrad or Spectrum. Went on to the Amiga and then to PC
That game ruined soooo many joysticks... must've claimed at least 4, and I still can't explain why I played it so much, I was never into athletics or anything like that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I started with an Atari 2600 (the wooden panelled one) and then got a c64 when I was about 6 or 7... never had an Amstrad or Spectrum. Went on to the Amiga and then to PC

That game ruined soooo many joysticks... must've claimed at least 4, and I still can't explain why I played it so much, I was never into athletics or anything like that.
Cause dt was a god in the 80s

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ooh, that is nice, looks like it can be used on non PS4 devices, now if that can work with RetroPie .....
It can work with PC certainly. Quality product.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Talking about controllers reminded me of Track & Field on the NES and how I overcame the pain of trying to press the A and B buttons as fast as possible without my fingers exploding, I got a blue handled phillips head screwdriver and slid it over both buttons which worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom