Appeal

Marc

FH is my second home
Now I know a vast majority of you arent probably interested in rugby or sports for that matter, but over the past few months 2 young sportsmen have had their sporting "careers" cut short through terrible injuries. One of them is paralysed, with only feeling a slight of movement in one of his arms, the other cannnot breathe without the aid of a ventilator. I used to play with one of the lads a couple of years ago and he is a top lad and its a great shame that he has been paralysed playing the game he loves. On the weekend of september 16/17 a fundraiser will cycle 210 miles from griffin park up to headingly in leeds trying to raise money to help with the care of these 2 young men. There are a number of prizes on offer for people wanting to donate to this worthy cause. Donations are easy and can be made via the post or via sending a text message from your mobile phone. All details can be found here...

http://www.rlfans.com/boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108107

All help will be greatfully appreciated. Please leave any lame comments for the RvR section.

Thankyou

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
That is truly awful. I bet very few people who play contact sports are remotely aware of the fact that they might get hurt.

I'm thinking about running a lottery to raise funds for heroin addicts who also didn't have a clue what they were getting into and were only aware of the fleeting short term benefits of drugs. Perhaps we could organise a joint venture and double our efforts?

Volenti non fit injuria.

a.

Marc

FH is my second home
fuck off apathy

Yes there is a chance you will get injured playing contact sports but the chances of injuries like this are remote to say the least. Like i said, if you arent bothered, dont comment.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
although I disagree in his way of saying it I do agree in his viewpoint, if you´re playing a contact sport, be properly insured.

I feel sorry for the 2 young men though I doubt they´d want anyones pity

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
What are you on about? I'm trying to help too. And I FULLY understand how people can get into things and not even be remotely aware of the risks involved, instead only looking at the good things thing highly paid careers, fame, the ultimate rush and high.

Tsk.

a.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
But arent the players insured through their club for injuries?

I do feel sorry for their injuries, but they choose (or their club) to not be insured. So that is their own fault. It is sad, but I wouldnt pay money to help strangers who had decided not to pay it themself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom