Apache Version

W

Will

Continuing this forums new trend of being busy and informative (thanks Jonty;)), I'm about to set up Apache on my FreeBSD server. I'm wanting it to be able to act as a webserver, it'll need PHP, and probably MySQL at some point. I'd want that as an intranet server. I'd also like it to act as an FTP server, this allowing external connections, but not anonymous.

So, my problem, should I use Apache 2.x or 1.3.x, and why?

J

Jonty

One tries one's best :p

Unfortunately, though, you've rumbled me, since I've never dabbled in any of this stuff. All I can tell you, which is of extremely little use, is that BarrysWorld utilises Apache 1.3.x Rest assured, though, I'll scour the net in search for some sort of guide to creating what you're trying to do. Hopefully somebody will be able to sort you out prior to that, though.

Good luck!

W

Will

I've actually already installed 2.0 (I think, its certainly 2.x), but since I've not done any configuring, and installing/uninstalling on FreeBSD is a piece of cake, I'm not too late to fall back onto 1.3.x.

TdC was giving me a hand, but he seems to have disappeared, this afternoon, and I never got around to having this conversation with him. So I did a little research on my own, and I got a bit confused over Apache modules, and what comes with which version.

Hence this cry for help.;)

Users who are viewing this thread