AOM & EM Scale Chart?

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,
I'm planning on AOM3 / EM1 for soloing due to being hit by so many elemental lgm's/wls/vamps, however before I do I want to know if anyone has a link to a table that displays the best comination of AOM/EM just so I know AOM3/EM1 will be a good combination and not a bad one, ofcourse I'll be running with red resists sometimes so what would my resists be, for example what would 26% base body + AOM3 + EM1 give me with red resists and without? Considering I'll use BL ML9 aswell on casters and vamps (should he/she actually hit me). Also a guildy said AOM4 is strong, but would appreciate others thoughts on the above. Ta.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
aom3 was bout 8% so I would imagine em1 would be 8% too therefore for 20 points you get 16% resists along with normal resists: 42% + buffs (24%) 66% gogo

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The amounts are listed here (http://www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/ra.php), however if you're looking for a gain-per-point table like casters trying to balance MOM, WP and AA, you can't get one as AOM is passive whereas EM is timed, so it depends on playstyle.

Another thing to take into account is that AOM is only a secodary resist, meaning it will reduce a proportion of the resulting damage AFTER resists have been taken into account. So if you have 40% resist with buffs up plus AOM3 (10%), then a caster hitting for 400 will have his damage first reduced by 160 to 240, then by 10% of 240, to 216, meaning its only reduced the total by 6%. Thus AOM has a significantly lower payoff if you have already high resists. The real question for deciding is a - are you lazy, if so choose passive (AOM), b - how often do have fights in which you want magic resistance, if thats often then go non-timered (AOM), but if you think once every 10 mins is reasonable then I'd certainly say EM is the best option, certainly to lvl2 before getting any AOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom