Aol broadband and Windows Professional x64

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Has anybody been able to use both of these combined, as I am unable to find any broadband drivers which will work with winx64, and naturally the people at AOL are completely useless. Saying "If you had a dialup modem, you would be able to register windows that way." Using a Voyager 105 adsl modem.

Himse

FH is my second home
im sorry, but AOL is complete shite.

imo, best way to fix it is to get a new isp.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
hehe.... i hapily will do, but by the looks of it no isps have a broadband modem which is compatible with winx64

confused

Can't get enough of FH
If anybody is on the internet using another UI but still using an adsl modem please tell me in dire need...

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
My alcatel modem has x64 compatible drivers :)

tbh though, aol = utter shit. I'd recommend www.adslguide.org mate, oh and a router would work with x64 due to that just being a dhcp network connection as far as your pc is concerned :)

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
winxp 64 is bad for your mental health, for real

just go with the basic 32bit version

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Forty quid for a modem/router and you are win. No drivers, easy connection sharing and hardware firewall.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
ja ! router is the way forward.

Anyway i'm using AOL BB with windows xp and it's shite, fucking hate the server but only reason i'm on here is personal reasons so I don't see myself changing :(

I split water over the modem they send with the BB package and now i'm using the V105 drivers too.

Dunno what it is but since AOL has been on my comp it seems to run ALOT slower :/

Spyware they tell me, I run 2 programs each week to get rid of that. It's not that ! :Twak:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
chretien said:
Forty quid for a modem/router and you are win. No drivers, easy connection sharing and hardware firewall.
they also steal 20% your bandwidth with that retarded program of theirs ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
ja ! router is the way forward.

Anyway i'm using AOL BB with windows xp and it's shite, fucking hate the server but only reason i'm on here is personal reasons so I don't see myself changing :(

I split water over the modem they send with the BB package and now i'm using the V105 drivers too.

Dunno what it is but since AOL has been on my comp it seems to run ALOT slower :/

Spyware they tell me, I run 2 programs each week to get rid of that. It's not that ! :Twak:
If it's a USB modem it'll take some of your CPU cycles and generally leech off your system resources. Another reason to get a router or at least an ethernet modem. I noticed a significant improvement all round when I junked the crappy Alcatel frog that Pipex sent me and put a ethernet modem/switch in it's place.

Chronictank said:
they also steal 20% your bandwidth with that retarded program of theirs ;)
I think that's just the dialup client to be fair, they don't use Windows dialup networking components but instead install their own VPN which sucks ass. I think the AOL BB is a pretty standard BB client - although made suckier by the moronic mail client and browser they pack with it.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
start-control panel -remove programs
blitz AoL
grab from here
install real ISP

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
/hijack on

Himse said:
im sorry, but AOL is complete shite.
As a games player I would agree with you. However, for people who are not games players and have young children the child settings are awesome - far superior than using products like "NetNanny". Couple of my friends use AOL with no problems, they can leave their kids on the internet all day without worry, and as they don't play games they think the internet is supposed to be faily slow. ;)

/hijack off

confused said:
but by the looks of it no isps have a broadband modem which is compatible with winx64
Get a router imo .. hardware > software :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom