AoE spells on PvP server

T

Tealeaf

In another thread people were discussing what change they would most like to see in DAoC.

I was thinking maybe if AoE spells (including stun/root/mezz) affected everyone in the area (friends and foes alike), then RvR might become more tactical.

Not a well thought through idea so I couldn't be arsed posting, but it did make me wonder how AoE spells work on the PvP server; i.e. without realm distinctions, who will be affected by them?

Anyone not in the group/guild of the person who cast it?

(Perhaps this has been discussed before, but BW has a 4 letter min limit on search parameters, so AoE and PvP weren't accepted.)

P

Purefun

Aoespells don't affect ppl in guild/group.

D

Dorin

casters go down fast as hell now, imo every caster would give up playing if they cant use their aoe-spells becouse friends dying by it.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Purefun
Aoespells don't affect ppl in guild/group.

yup. you can't attack group and guild members. so it's only logical your AoE doesn't hurt them

O

old.Xarr

On the first EverQuest PVP server called Rallos Zek you could attack your guildmates & groupmates with spells and weapons. My God it was chaotic ^^

B

Belsameth

the idea alone...quite horrible. esp since EQ already is a confusion fest

O

old.Tohtori

As i said on the unnamed boards...VN..hehe..

I suggest that you take PBAoE, make it the same as a DD towards PBT, keep the AoE to what it is but lessen the effect towards BT and leave the LA and DPS as it is. This would help the balance in wich the RvR and PvE is working now.

Works to this as well. :D

B

Belsameth

*kicks the seel*

back to the Off-topic with you!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom