Anyone watch Anime?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This is for the bike nutters @TdC @Scouse etc.

There's a pretty good bike racing anime about a nerd who gets into bike racing

It's called Yowamushi Pedal. If you need help finding it let me know :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Personally in MP4 I've got:

Akira
Castle in the Sky
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell (SAC 1 & 2 + 3 Movies)
The Girl who Leapt through Time
Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind
Princess Mononoke
Project A-ko (1-4)
Spirited Away

Pre Disc I used to have one called Guyver on VHS.
Fist of the North Star was pretty good from what I remember of it when it was on Channel 4.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
An anime for zealous bike-ppl. Who would have thought. Admit it @Tom you put it on download.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I haven't watch much for a long long time now, I really do feel the quality has dropped a lot in the last decade. I guess the money just isn't there anymore and it's become a very niche market. However the odd little gem does turn up every now and then, some have been mentioned already in this thread.

Before you think I've gone mad watching a show for young kids, check the age rating. It's always good to be reminded how creatively bonkers those crazy Japanese can be :D

for kids.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yowamushi Pedal is actually really good :)

Sports animes are unusually often good shows.
Chihayafuru is crazy popular both in Japan and outside and it's about a highschool girl playing a card game. Sounds awful, actually amazing.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Are animes supposed to make you feel depressed after you've watched them? I must have watched 7 different ones and all have had this effect on me because they are either too good and not completed, the ending is poor so you think what a waste of time or the ending is good but plot holes which you want answering aren't answered. I've just watched one called Chaos Head, which was good to start with but turned sour towards the end. I'm hoping the next one, Steins Gate, is better.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Are animes supposed to make you feel depressed after you've watched them? I must have watched 7 different ones and all have had this effect on me because they are either too good and not completed, the ending is poor so you think what a waste of time or the ending is good but plot holes which you want answering aren't answered. I've just watched one called Chaos Head, which was good to start with but turned sour towards the end. I'm hoping the next one, Steins Gate, is better.

I notice that series switch between lightheartedness and smacking you in the face with (some really harsh) moral, psychological or emotional issues like a ping-pong ball bouncing down a pipe.

Zarjazz

Watch Code Geass! Awesome story and awesome ending .

Well, that's definitely a show of two halves. The 1st season was something original, a smart well written plot and with a few genuine shocks & surprise twists. Like Death Note crossed with Robots :)

But the 2nd seasons was really bad. They tried to make it more kid friendly for a large audience so basically reset the story, toned down the violence and adult content and it turned into something pretty generic. Only the last few episodes did it get some of it's old magic back.

TdC

Bingewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood atm.

TdC

yup. it took me a bit to get into it but I like most of the good guys and *really* hate the bad. gosh the bad guys are...really...really...bad in this. talk about fucking evil cunts, oooh! Only about 40 eps in though :eek:

TdC

Soooo, FMA:Brotherhood done. Nice, and omg the feels at the end 0o Watched Patlabor 3 / WXIII yesterday. Liked the style of it a lot. I've already seen Patlabor 1, and as chronologically the order is 1-3-2 I'm following that. Oddly, while I thought P1 was meh, P3 really resonated with me for some reason :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Every anime and manga fan jizzed their pants today as a new Berserk anime post-eclipse arc was announced.

Zarjazz

Every anime and manga fan jizzed their pants today as a new Berserk anime post-eclipse arc was announced.

That's nothing compared to the reaction when they got off the boat. 7 years, 7 FUCKING YEARS :eek:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I LIKED THE BOAT.
LETS GO BACK TO THE BOAT.

<twitchchatdrawsberserk>

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I haven't watch much for a long long time now, I really do feel the quality has dropped a lot in the last decade. I guess the money just isn't there anymore and it's become a very niche market.

Not really, the problem is more the amount of anime being thrown at us now.

"back in the day" we didn't have that much available to us over here that was translated, and much of it were (more or less) worth watching. Then everybody else thought they could cash in too with all kinds of fucked up crap, so now it's harder to catch the good ones coming out..

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I just finished watching Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, easily one of the best anime's I've watched. I'm probably going to buy the BDs when the price comes down. Prison School is hilarious. Going to try One Punch Man next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom