Misc anyone used a ZPD in an assignment?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Helloooo,

sorry homework question here, am doing a research proposal based around checking the effectiveness of IT literacy classes provided by libraries *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn* and thought it might be appropriate to use vygotsky's zone of proximal development to show what level users are at now and what level of being able to help themselves they hopefully should be at if the classes are improved.

Just wanted to check and see whether this is an appropriate usage of the model as haven't used it before. Y'all can wake up now I'm finished here lol, thanks for any info anyone has...it's a long shot but thought I'd ask!

Happy Sunday all
xxx

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Zero point defense can indeed destroy a stack of papers very well, go for it.

eksdee

FH is my second home
From what I remember, the idea of the Zone of Proximital Development is more about peer support than teacher-led support. For example, seating a highly achieving student next to a low achieving student in the hope that the lower achieving student will aspire to improve and the 'good influence' of the higher achieving student will facilitate that in some way - working together on group tasks, discussing problems etc.

Edit: in fact, I think what I was talking about was 'scaffolding' which is an element of the theory of ZPD. ZPD is about "the difference between what a learner can do without help and what he or she can do with help".

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oooh cheers Esk, that's actually brilliant because the classes are not actually 'taught' more like guided sessions so suggesting placing more adept students with struggling ones would be great to go into my recommendations!

woohoo :clap:

russell

FH is my second home
Good ole social constructivism!
Yes its good Ez, just remember the crux is being able to measure how much more people learn when scaffolded/ guided correctly. So have a sample of guided/ not guided to compare.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Good ole social constructivism!
Yes its good Ez, just remember the crux is being able to measure how much more people learn when scaffolded/ guided correctly. So have a sample of guided/ not guided to compare.

aah merci, i'd not of thought of that! Thanks :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom