Anyone tried...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Connecting your 360 to your laptop and using the laptop as a wireless connection for live?

just looking up bridging so you can use the laptop instead of having a wireless adaptor for the 360

Just wondering what the lag would be like

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Can be done but you can't beat hardwiring it to your router. Having the laptop on and connected to the net is going to have some affects on your speed plus the fact it is wireless.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i know all about the benefits of wire compared to wireless. I always hard connect to router

i'm just thinking of times i'm round a mates and need to connect wirelessly. Just wondering if there would be a lag between using the wireless adaptor compared to wire to laptop then wireless from there

Yaka

Part of the furniture
why not just get a fonera wifi device, its preety cheap, bitch to flash with DD-WRT but it werks.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
because how is the wlan then connected to your network to get outside?

What i am talking about is being in a totally different room from router/modem and being able to access live without cables (apart from going to the laptop)

That doesnt make sense but i know what i mean. Just dont see how the Wifi port then connects to your network if you are using the ethernet port on it to connect to your xbox (that make any sense at all?)

soze

I am a FH squatter
because how is the wlan then connected to your network to get outside?

What i am talking about is being in a totally different room from router/modem and being able to access live without cables (apart from going to the laptop)

That doesnt make sense but i know what i mean. Just dont see how the Wifi port then connects to your network if you are using the ethernet port on it to connect to your xbox (that make any sense at all?)

The Wifi Bridge like the one shown here normally come with software you connect it to a PC set it up to join your network and it basically turns into a wireless network card connected to your machine though a ethernet lead. So rather than your 360 joining the wireless network this device joins the network and routes for your 360. They work well i use a Belkin one on my PC and PS3 so i can force them to connect to each other using the gb lan.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've ordered one of them linked above. Out of stock atm but it's the cheapest I've seen so if it saves me a few quid and does what it says on the tin it should solve a few issues I've been trying to resolve with a crappy laptop and wifi card.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
That'll mean needing a wireless card in my PC too then

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Not if you have a wireless router and it is next to your PC.. just use the ethernet port like I assume you have been? :S

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I have everything connected by wires but i do have a WAP on the switch in the middle of the house for the laptops to connect to, so i suppose having another WAP attached to the 360 would act as a connection to it. I prefer using cable as its a better connection. Just thinking of when i am round my mates house and we can sit in another room

eksdee

FH is my second home
bought one of these but it doesn't seem to work with my 360. it fails to get an ip address in the tests on the 360? i set the wireless channel to 6 and took off my wifi encryption as the manual suggested, but no dice. any help?

edit: by one of these, i mean one of those max value 54 blablaba APs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom