Anyone that couldn't play the u.s version?

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
i can't play the u.s version... i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem....

even though blizzard offered to konvert the u.s version to the eu version, i haven't gotten my reply yet... anyone who have?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
you know, they'r looking for monkeys up in the zoo?

Blizzard have said about 100 times, that players who don't live in the US, Canada, or Australia or New Zealand would have trouble playing the US version.

You need to either
Get a card (debit or credit), that doesn't check for billing address, OR, you need to get a card that has a US billing address.

:)

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
thank you for your nice words....

i know that already.... my question was if theres anyone who couldn't play the u.s version...

and i have said that 100 times to my self also... i just ordered teh u.s version along with some friends... and we couldn't play....

blizzard warned people about it... but we ignored it. and we got yanked....

thats just too bad.... but! then i saw blizzard offerd to konvert your u.s version to the eu version... and also give you a beta key.... and i was just wondering if any is as stupid as me and ordered the u.s version... and did the same as me, and got a reply....

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Or just use Australian zip code 4018, 4020, 2200. and you are ready to go :D

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Or just use Australian zip code 4018, 4020, 2200. and you are ready to go :D
the zip code or the adress is not the problem... but thank you for your answer

the problem is my visa card... and its billing adress. i don't wanna go througth all the trouble getting my hands on a u.s card.. ill just wait for the eu release, but if anyone have done the same as me, nad gotten a reply i would very much like to hear from them :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Natsume sai said:
the zip code or the adress is not the problem... but thank you for your answer

the problem is my visa card... and its billing adress. i don't wanna go througth all the trouble getting my hands on a u.s card.. ill just wait for the eu release, but if anyone have done the same as me, nad gotten a reply i would very much like to hear from them :)

i think what he means is that u can play with ur VISA, using a fake adress and a aussie zip code. heard that too.

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
i think what he means is that u can play with ur VISA, using a fake adress and a aussie zip code. heard that too.

i have already filled the form on blizzards page for the konvertion... and the form reqirred my auth key, so i think i'll wait for blizzard to reply.... afterall it wouldn't look good to have the same auth key for both us and eu servers would it :p

That is if your methode works....

i

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
im a happy australian until wow is released in europe. :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I live 2 doors from Uncron in Australia now aswell :p

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is you can register fine (as I have) with UK credit card giving a US billing address, but there 'may' be an issue when they come to take your first payment after a month.

To avoid this theoretical problem I have ordered game cards from the US. As I say it's not actually known whether the cards will fail for another 2 weeks yet.

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
SirDystic said:
The problem is you can register fine (as I have) with UK credit card giving a US billing address, but there 'may' be an issue when they come to take your first payment after a month.

To avoid this theoretical problem I have ordered game cards from the US. As I say it's not actually known whether the cards will fail for another 2 weeks yet.

good luck with your first payment then :p

i still think i am going to wait it out... and hope i get a reply soon on my konvertion.... atlease before the FB...

Ulcer

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Natsume,

The problem you face as far as I can see is that you wont be getting any answer on your conversion anytime soon. All the threads I have seen where Blizz have talked about enabling players to play on non-localised servers state that they will be looking into it after retail.

The chances of you getting sorted out before FB look very slim indeed :(

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
Ulcer said:
Hi Natsume,

The problem you face as far as I can see is that you wont be getting any answer on your conversion anytime soon. All the threads I have seen where Blizz have talked about enabling players to play on non-localised servers state that they will be looking into it after retail.

The chances of you getting sorted out before FB look very slim indeed :(

hi and thank you so very much for an answer i could use :)

well.. i dont think so, because it said in the form that ..aww i'll just copy it for all to see :)

thanks again

here it is.....

Dear Blizzard Customer

Thank you very much for purchasing a copy of World of Warcraft.
At this time only residents of North America, Australia and New Zealand can access the North American servers of World of Warcraft, and it appears from your details that, although you have a North American copy of the game, you are resident in another region. To ensure that you can join the game in your region at the earliest opportunity you have been transferred to the information pages on the European website of World of Warcraft.

Please complete the following form to guarantee your access to the game when it launches in Europe in early 2005. In the meantime we will be delighted to welcome you to the European Final Beta Test, which will start shortly.

Soon after you have completed and submitted this form you will be contacted by a member of our technical support team. At that point you will be provided with further details of how to access the European Final Beta Test, if you wish to receive either an English, French or German copy of the game you will be directed to a link on the website where you will be able to download the necessary files.

If you purchased the North American version of the game because you wanted to play on the North American servers, please do not fill in the form below. You will be able to use this box to access the North American servers after the game is released in Europe. However, Blizzard encourages you to play in your region to ensure that you get the highest quality of game play & services experience from the Blizzard Team in your region.

We would like to thank you again for purchasing World of Warcraft and we look forward to meeting you in Azeroth or Kalimdor, choose your side!

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
what a load of bull shit you bought a game that is active and there not letting you play it , i wouldnt want redirecting too the europe version that isnt even in final beta ...id want my damn money back the cheek of it.

and i know most people know about this, but not everyone who bought u.s wow will have known about it being only for yanks :fluffle:

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
behatch said:
what a load of bull shit you bought a game that is active and there not letting you play it , i wouldnt want redirecting too the europe version that isnt even in final beta ...id want my damn money back the cheek of it.

and i know most people know about this, but not everyone who bought u.s wow will have known about it being only for yanks :fluffle:

actually... blizzard warns people about buying the u.s version if your not a u.s, australian or new zealand resident.... so its my own fault for buying the u.s version... but i couldn't help it>_< i wantet to play so badly :)

i'm just happy that blizzard offered to convert my u.s game to a eu version.. now thats customer service!

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Natsume sai said:
actually... blizzard warns people about buying the u.s version if your not a u.s, australian or new zealand resident.... so its my own fault for buying the u.s version... but i couldn't help it>_< i wantet to play so badly :)

i'm just happy that blizzard offered to convert my u.s game to a eu version.. now thats customer service!

i mean like people just ordering straight up from e.g dvdboxoffice.com theres no warning there about europe players not being able too play it

i also have a us version inc :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom