Anyone tested to PL with rams/catapults/ballistas?

H

Hildur

Anyone tested this? wanted to try it out :) but I don't know jackshit about this, how long do they last? who can make those? ammo? and stuff like that, and wich one of them is good enough to work good enough?

Testing :))

L

Lisco_Cataluz

mmm... pult groups mmmm.....

<sneaks away>

<Lisco>

L

Lisco_Cataluz

Complete guide to siegeweapon usage PvE

Part I: Trebuchet & Dampwood mites

Place: Dampwood mites spawn near Innis (drop of from horse at merchants on the road to Innis)

Required group: 8 peoples to xp group (lvls5-20). One person on this group must have a tradeskill profession chosen to build and operate the trebuchet. Any of those professions will be just fine(tailoring etc.)

Required support: 1 person (lvl 40+ suggested) with a aoe spell which will cause no dmg to mobs (heat debuff etc.) for pulling the mobs. Woodworking skill 300+ which is required to repair trebuchet every now and then when it is in need of that.

Required equipment: Trebuchet (all parts) + ammunition (about 40 stones per trebuchet ) + tools to build it on builder and tools also on repairer.

Where to obtain equipment: Some parts can be player crafted, and others can be bought from Innis and merchant keeps. Ammunition must be purhased from merchant keep anyway. Dun Crauchon for example.

Good way to get all of this going smooth is to set up a chatgroup and invite peoples to it, so that you can have a conversation with everyone participating this group. Remember to check, who will bring what parts / ammunition etc. Itäs also a good idea to agree with a time when all people should be at meeting point and required equipment also carryed there.

Once everyone is at meeting point it's time to set up the group and build the trebuchet. There is couple important things to remember and also lot of simple rules to keep it going nice and smootly.

Trebuchet has a minimum range of 1500 and maximum 2500, so ideal place for building is between those distances measured from target point.

Target point setup: There is several ways to set up target point. One of the most common is use a pet. Just place a pet near the mites place, and check its /loc. after that you will have an exact location of target and puller knows where he/she should pull those mites.

Ok, now we have set up the group and target and its time to build the trebuchet. Just give all parts to builder and he will then build it. After finishing the build, builder can start to operate it or release control to someone else to control it.

Remember to give ammunition to operator.

Basic commands to control siege equipment:

/control = takes control of currently targeted siege weapon
/control Release = releases control of current siege weapon
/launch = launches/fires the weapon
/arm = arms the weapon
/aim = aims the target

Controlling the trebuchet will open an another window with controlling options. Options are aim, arm, launch/fire
Remember that you have to load a stone to trebuchet after armed, just load 1 stone.

Few advices. Puller should macro commands which will inform trebuchet group when he/she is pulling mites to target spot and when group can launch/fire the trebuchet. This applies also on group which should inform puller, when they are arming or loading trebuchet. Remember also to inform about repairing need. Dont arm trebuchet if it's condition is below 15%, because it will lose condition much quicker when armed.

Sometimes mites may resist the damage from trebuchet, and they will attack the trebuchet control group. Puller has to be aware os this kinda situation to happen and ready to deal with it killing all the mites before they kill whole group.

With the methods written above, you should be able to make minimum of 5lvls experience per trebuchet for each member of the group. So with 4 trebuchet or maybe 5, you will get all chars to near lvl20. After lvl20 xp is not good anymore and using more this kinda xping is just waste of time imo.

Hope this helpped you. All corrections and replies are welcome to make this guide better.

<Lisco>

B

Belsameth

as far as I'm aware any tradeskiller can repair siege equipment. hinting that it indeed might be woodworking. should check VNboards to make sure tho, they're bound to know

H

Hildur

Thanks

Thanks a bunch, but one qustion is that hib ? those mobs or? I was gonna do this in mid :)

I don't know alot about mobs places :D

L

Lisco_Cataluz

Odysseus,

Well i have repaired couple of pults and what did i need wa 300+ woodworking. Im sure many Hibs can verify this, at least those who have participated orgazing pult groups with me :)

And if that guide which is found from the link posted is telling otherwise, im afraid its WRONG information.

<Lisco>

L

Lisco_Cataluz

and btw....

The topic was about PL with siege weapons, which i did answer.
Not to answer in question "What are siegeweapons & how do i use em ?"

<Lisco>

H

Hildur

I heard someone talk about that this was realy not worth it on mid. are there no place for this? or?

H

helis

<daydreaming>

A trebuchet set up at the lair, launching stones into the forest of drakulvs and everyone sitting on the hill /cheer and /victory. Dwarves walking around taking bets on how many get killed in each shot.

At DT (dragon time) we all /cheer at the Gjalp when she chews the trebuchet.

</daydreaming>

/helis then permanent Lair inhabitant

O

old.Xanthian

Cluricauns are also good xp for Trebucet groups, these are found North West of the North TNN gate.

You will see my guild xping there on a regular basis, unfortunatly for me im the only puller in the guild so yet to have an alt lvl'd :(

Good thing about cluricauns is they also drop some rather nice RF/Cloth/Leather + Weapons which are 'perfect' for BG chars :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom