Anyone send me a copy of Cata?

Ripel

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys,

I've bought an ToA + Catacombs package over teh web (£15) and first i was given the update.dat thing to update my game to Cata (i already had ToA) but it was something like 2.5 Gigabytes. I left my comp on for about an hour and it had only done 40 megabytes :(

I don't even know if this is legal, but if anyone could send me a copy of Catacombs (the disks only not serials or anything), I would be very grateful. I live in the UK so prefrebably UK residents only :)

PM me if you think you can do it, and thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm not lazy, it's just my internet randomly cuts out and I don't reckon it will stay on for a few days to update :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ripel said:
EDIT: I'm not lazy, it's just my internet randomly cuts out and I don't reckon it will stay on for a few days to update :(

So how are you going to play the game when you get it wish such an iffy connection?

Suggest asking someone on here to host it on FTP and you can use a FTP client that resumes. Short of that you'll have to get someone in game to post you a copy of the CDs (if that's legal - can't see why not).

Ripel

Fledgling Freddie
Since I posted, I have found out my wireless router doesn't reach into my bedroom properly and thats why it randomly cuts out. I'm pissed off with Netgear right now for not desgining a router that can't even reach 15m sideways and 10m up.

And,

Ballard said:
I think you need to read before replying

:clap:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ripel:

The updater uses auto-resume, so if it dies you can just load it up again and it'll carry on where it left off (notice each time the total to download decreases).

I'd recommend an antenna outside of your pc for wireless. I use wireless networking long-distance and works nicely (Linksys hardware), but a small change in antenna position is a huge difference in signal quality.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Eggy, also if you can swap your aerial on the wireless router/access point for a longer external one. They're usually easy to hide but give better signal strength and less noise. I've recently done this with him, getting a much better signal now.

Also if your house has a lot of electrical cabling or isn't traditional timber construction (metal framework etc) you can find wireless doesn't work too well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom