Anyone seen this before?

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
May be old but I couldnt find it if it is.
Went to GOA subscription page and got this warning.....

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

Anyone else had this ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen that sort of problem when certificates have expired or are not valid. It looks ok to me, though, valid til 7th March 2008.

Have you installed Microsoft's update for certificates they put up as an update a while back, that could be it ?

Darzil

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen that sort of problem when certificates have expired or are not valid. It looks ok to me, though, valid til 7th March 2008.

Have you installed Microsoft's update for certificates they put up as an update a while back, that could be it ?

Darzil

Yup ... it may of course have more to do with my anti-virus software?

I have no worries about how legitimate the site is ... we all use it after all.
My concern is that a new guy joining the game may see this and worry about it. I wanted to find out if it was a known issue or whether I should Rightnow it ?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Go and RightNow it.

It's a GOA configuration problem.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Reported this about 4 weeks ago and it hasn't been fixed. :(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
The Technology company GOA failed to do a quick google and thus never read this page:

VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA? - mozilla.dev.security | Google Groups

A summary of the page is, that GoA needs to configure their server better.

The incompetence of GoA strikes again.

I agree, Online security is a big issue, and while this is just a minor configuartion problem, it does make you wonder at GOA competancy.

FFS some one should of tested to see if the cert was ok, and if any problems came up with it change the script on the server side....

:m00:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I gave the solution with the RightNow report as well. :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It can sometimes be an offshoot of a problem within a system where the cert info doesn't match the domain - sometimes because of changes made to a server that haven't been thoroughly checked or someone has cocked the server itself.

Might not be in this case, but I've seen these symptoms before and that was what it turned out to be (if really interested it was Outlook Web Access with MS Exchange on an SBS server misconfigured by a dabbler. Drove me crackers. I had to recreate a certificate then authorise it).

The problem wasn't at the client end, it was just that the new versions of browsers are better at picking up on certificate problems and warn of potential security risks.

Just out of nosiness I'd be interested in what this turns out to be but I bet I never find out :D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's just an expired certificate, no big deal. They need to replace it with an updated one. Certification isn't actually the protection.

It's just a way of the server and your client deciding that it's okay to start communication right away, without asking the use the 'Are you sure you want to communicate with this site using this encryption key'.

In other words, don't panic, but do RightNow it, because it needs to be refreshed. :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's just an expired certificate, no big deal. They need to replace it with an updated one. Certification isn't actually the protection.

That is not the issue. Please don't confuse the issue with disinformation.

It's a chained SSL certificate. GOA needs to configure their webservers to send the intermediate certificate.

decker

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper, please info if GOA answers something to u and keep annoying em!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Response (CM) - 05/02/2007 11:40 AM
Greetings,
Thanks for the report. This issue has been passed along to the relevant department.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Over 4 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom