Anyone Running 2 or more PC's on a Network please look

M

Madonion Slicer

Ok i run two DAoC SI Clients on 2 seperate PC's on a 100mb Lan.

First PC

Shuttle AK31 3.1 Mainboard
512MB Crucial DDR
Athlon 1333
GF3 TI200

Second PC
ECS (forget model) Mainboard
512MB DDR
Duron 1300
Radeon 9000

I use Plus.net for my 512K ADSL connection.

Now here is my problem, when running both accounts say my Berserker and Shaman, in the Midgard Realm i have Eiis on /stick to Otro and have never had a problem......BUT when i port over to SI Land for some reason Eiis PC suffers huge lag that PC screen has atleast 10sec. Port Back to normal Midgard and the lag delay has gone.

Anyone have any idea, is the server running the SI land crap seems strange how everything is fine in Midgard but fuked in Midgard SI.

Is this worth a rightnow report?

O

old.moriath

I think its a hardware /gfx card driver probelm with it not able to cope with all the water at the port place .. a lot of ppl have had this. Try turning off the water effects / updating the gfx card drivers and see if it helps.

M

Madonion Slicer

I have done this, i even took a horse to a remote part of SI and tried again still the same, port back to Midgard problem goes.

Cant see it being hardware as both PC's can run full effects at 1280x1024 with no problems when playing in Midgard, but when i port to SI Land, the second PC craps out and i changed the settings to the lowest possible and still the same.

I would say there is aleast a 10sec gap in what happens on PC1 to what happens on PC2, very strange.

M

Madonion Slicer

As a note both PC's are running DX9, and there latest detenators and ati drivers as per www.guru3d.com.

Will try different drivers but seems strange how it can be fine in SI Midgard yet not in the new SI Land.

B

Belsameth

I'm more and more starting to suspect this lag is because of an error in GOA's network or server configuration. which means they'll have to fix it. if I where you I'd indeed report it through RightNow

S

Stonebits

Well, im running on Two Pcs as well... Only got around to trying it out about a week b4 SI was released....

On my 2nd PC, (which is an old PII 400mhtz hehe, with 256k of ram i think, running a TNT gpx card =p ) I can run around in the normal realm quite easily, the frame rate and is nothing to write home about, but it does the job....

In SI it goes to pot...... I can move in a straight line (at about 2 frames a second), but if i try to turn it just lags for 20 secs, or even auto times out.... which to be honest is no more than i expected on my old machine..... If i want to play at being a buffbot, i need to stay in the same spot and get people to stand in front of me..... (this is with all details turned down to min)

Other machine is fine though, as Id expect with Geforce 3 and an athlon 2100....Dunno if that helps :D

M

Madonion Slicer

Helpful mskin, not trying to up you post count by any chance.

Maybe you should wait to post somthing of atleast some use, or though i can tell that may be a long wait for you :rolleyes:

O

Onedda

if the problem with the lag issue is with the pc with the radeon gfx in it then u can cure the problem by installing the latest ati drivers and control panel 3.1 i think.

then download and install rage3d tweak from www.rage3d.com.
when installed right click the icon in the bottom right and set the settings to 3dmark optimun performance.

hope it helps as i have a simlar setup up as u 1 pc useing gf3 ti500 and my pc with ati 9700 pro....

if the above doesnt work then i havent got a clue sorry

cheers Impoopy

M

Madonion Slicer

Downloading now the Ati drivers and control panel along with the rage tweak.

Strange like i said that i only get this lag in SI island, normal Midgard even in the middle of Emain Zerg both PC's run sweet, yet on SI island the PC with the Radeon 9000 might as well be running a fury maxx.

F

Fafnir

Well my old pc i can play SI as long as i dont port to Aegir, when i do i get 20 sec delay. Heard from a guildmate that have the same lag problem on prydwen but not as severe, but he dont have it on Excaliber, will have to try and see how my old one runs there.

M

Madonion Slicer

Already had the lastest ATi drivers on but installed the Control Panel files and then set the rage3d tweak to 3dmark2001 settings and guess what........................................................................... all works sweet!!!

No lag at all now, even in the major towns, i know GOA have been doing some tweaking so that may also play a part.

Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread