Anyone playing Lineage 2?

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Basically what the title says.
Is anyone of you guys playing Lineage 2? It's got like 3 weeks left of the beta and I'm wondering if it's good or not.

If you've played it, can you please compare it to ultima online/daoc, just a few short lines. Thanks =)

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Laggy tbh. If you can get on at all ;)

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
i am enjoying it it makes a change from DAoC. the graphics and game play isn't bad although i don't like the chat interface and guild/clan structure but that may change with time.

here is a screenie from it i have had to resize it from the orginal:

nice.jpg

Uppercut

Fledgling Freddie
Ill give it a shot as soon as i get that damn serial :(

If any1 got extra...

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Sexy as hell...and just as tedious and time consuming. :mad:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
So, this game is compareble to camlann orsmt? also, how big is the world?

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
bit like camlan without any proper controls and feels like daoc-lite. LIKE EVERY OTHER MMORPG out there

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
It's not great. It looks great ... but it don't play great.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
at first i was really uncomfortable with the controls, but they have started to really grow on me. being able to click with the mouse where you want to go allows you to think of other things while running from A to B. stuff like targetting a monster, getting a skill ready, shout at your party etc. it wouldnt hurt if they improved the WASD movement though.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
nice to look at
crap to play

definatly not a daoc beater

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
at first i was really uncomfortable with the controls, but they have started to really grow on me. being able to click with the mouse where you want to go allows you to think of other things while running from A to B. stuff like targetting a monster, getting a skill ready, shout at your party etc. it wouldnt hurt if they improved the WASD movement though.

in daoc you got auto run(which is actually in most games) so you can plan all that?

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
in daoc you got auto run(which is actually in most games) so you can plan all that?

autorun is all nice, but you can't tell autorun to go to an exact spot between, let's say two rocks and stop there. i'm not saying l2 movement is superior to that of daoc, it's just different.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
i swear i replied here before..

How long is this beta going on for already, and how many weeks? till it ends?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
autorun is all nice, but you can't tell autorun to go to an exact spot between, let's say two rocks and stop there. i'm not saying l2 movement is superior to that of daoc, it's just different.

yes, but you were mostly pointing out the fact that you could do other stuff while walking, which isnt that special for a mmorpg. Off course LII movement has it ups, but I just didnt agree with the whole planning thing:).

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
yes, but you were mostly pointing out the fact that you could do other stuff while walking, which isnt that special for a mmorpg. Off course LII movement has it ups, but I just didnt agree with the whole planning thing:).

ahh i understand ;)

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
bit like camlan without any proper controls and feels like daoc-lite. LIKE EVERY OTHER MMORPG out there

a bit like Camlan I suppose it would have to be in some ways as, in essence, it is 100% PvP. Daoc-lite - ? - as far as PvP? You referring to the 'checks & balances' (i.e. karma system) that doesn't stop PvP but introduces a cosy for unrestricted PvP.

Interface - keyboard or WASD - some like one, some the other, some neither <shrug>

Guilds (clans) are interesting. You get to level them. From 1 min to 4 max. Is a serious undertaking as well. And if the guild leader goes then guild dies. 10 members only allowed in a level 1 guild, 40 in a level 4. The higher guilds can attack - and if things go well - capture a castle. Serious rewards. Not least the ability to hatch wyvern eggs (thinks McCaffrey and Pern books)

There is a link to a dragon movie on one of the other L2 threads. Sweet.

Will it be a DAoC beater.
If this means 'DAoC will not cease when L2 launches' I totally agree it won't. If this means 'L2 will have no impact on DAoC' not a hope.
Sure its free, sure some folks have more than one account and some will leave. But 5 servers now, 5k a server, more enough people trying to log on to have net congestion problems, NCSoft have had to slow down the issue of keys, and a game essentially without bugs that is surprising a lot of people. Its fresh, its different and it certainly has PvP !!! and given the sucess of the open beta so far its here to stay.

Not a DAoC beater but to use an analogy if Mythic created a coffin for themselves with ToA then L2 will be a nail in the lid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom