Anyone know

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all, I just got this email from a friend. Im stumped but i though you lot may have an idea !! Well i hope anyways.

-----

hi m8 as you might know i am printing the permits for the res i have done them on office 2000 on word every permit will have a permit number is there a program i can use that will automatically change the number for me instead of doing it with each permit

-----

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Holy punctuation void, batman.

Hi m8 as you might know I am printing the permits for the res. I have done them on office 2000 on word. Every permit will have a permit number - is there a program I can use that will automatically change the number for me instead of doing it with each permit ?

He just wants one bit of text changing automagically to individualise some standard document, instead of by hand every time ... at least, I *think* so ...
insert|autotext in word could help.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mail merge functionality would probably do the trick.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers fellas i will pass on the ideas to him. Im useless with word :/ Hope he aint :)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Mazling said:
Holy punctuation void, batman.
He just wants one bit of text changing automagically to individualise some standard document, instead of by hand every time ... at least, I *think* so ...
insert|autotext in word could help.

I think he probably wants to use Field Codes here.

There are Field Codes specifically for adding sequential numbers to chapters, tables & figures (and other stuff). Also, you can embed Excel Functions into Word Field Codes - if you find that easier?.

:touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom