anyone know when the game is released?

T

throdgrain

hmm a rare thing,but i may actually buy it! mind i find the fps on that test map going from 35-80 (capped) and back again which is well annoying...

T

throdgrain

great.i wonder if anyone else found test 1 to be superior to test 2? for fps i mean.

T

throdgrain

what system do you have emb?i got a p3 1 gig with gf2mx and lots of ram.i know that aint the lastest thing any more but its not too old :) it makes solid 100fps on q3 in almost every situation with only minor changes,yet goes from 85 to 35 as i said on rtcw.
to be specific it goes low when either looking out at the sea/beach,or looking from the middle of the beach upwards from the allied perspective.funnily enough it also does it on DOD omaha,which is pretty much the same map i suppose.
oh no my pc has beach / sea disorder!!

O

old.CaptainGinger

Originally posted by throdgrain
oh no my pc has beach / sea disorder!!

lol :)

I think its just the sheer amount of geometry that has to be processed because of the large view distance.

My 1.1Ghz celeron does it to, I think its a case of put up with it or upgrade your CPU. :(

T

throdgrain

yer u may be right but seems a bit extreme for dod which is after all a half life mod,a game brought out when a p2 500 was a kick-ass processor!:eek6:

O

old.CaptainGinger

True, however I've noticed a trend for bigger maps to get released as time goes on and people uprgade thier pc's. Certainly the maps in TFC and CS are getting bigger with newer releases.

I still think its the just the size of the viewable area thats to blame. :(

I cant remember any are in the HL 1 player being so large. :)

Maybe someone has some tweaks we can try? :)

T

throdgrain

that would be a good idea.i imagine the upsetchaps q3 guide would give a lot of information.
i dont rate this idea of new games making ur pc redundant tho!
after all i know many ppl playing on 600mhz with gf2mx's and stuff.also q3 has some large maps (ctf in particular) and theres little problem there.also the new larger cs maps are no problem for my pc,it stands 100fps thru all situations on those.
hmmm im still going for the beach phobia angle atm :D

C

caLLous

um well i have a pIII 800 w/ 512mb ram and geforce 2 gts and i don't drop below 50... graphics card maybe?

E

Embattle

what system do you have emb?

Athlon 1.2@1.33Ghz
768MB DDR
GeForce 3
And other shit :)

Remember the last stage of game making normally sees many tweaks but RTCW is a horse of a game on system requirements. I no doubt that it'll improve and it not you'll just have to turn off some of the flashy stuff.

BTW it now looks like it'll arrive on the 7th December.

E

Embattle

what system do you have emb?

Athlon 1.2@1.33Ghz
768MB DDR
GeForce 3
And other shit :)

Remember the last stage of game making normally sees many tweaks but RTCW is a horse of a game on system requirements. I no doubt that it'll improve and if not you'll just have to turn off some of the flashy stuff.

BTW it now looks like it'll arrive on the 7th December.

T

throdgrain

i begin to lean towards the video card option tbh,maybe gf2 ultra or something...

E

Embattle

Most probably the best investment as the mx may good but its still not gonna handle RTCW that well.

T

throdgrain

have to wait till after the Great December Wallet Drain methinks :(

T

throdgrain

hehe thats what i always do m8 :rolleyes: me and mr mastercard

Users who are viewing this thread