anyone know what...

C

cougar-

SOS mean? NOT speed of sound, i mean the emergency system. Me and some friends disagree.

S

Sibanac

The Marconi Yearbook of Wireless Telegraphy and Telephony , 1918 states, "This signal [SOS] was adopted simply on account of its easy radiation and its unmistakable character. There is no special signification in the letter themselves, and it is entirely incorrect to put full stops between them [the letters]." All the popular interpretations of "SOS," "Save or Ship," "Save Our Souls," or "Send Out Succour" are simply not valid. Stations hearing this distress call were to immediately cease handling traffic until the emergency was over and were likewise bound to answer the distress signal.

so nothing at all realy

O

old.Tohtori

SOS = Seel on Sea

International distress call when Teh Icefloat comes to view in the horizon.

As we all know, the Titanic collided with an "iceberg". Well, it was ice but no berg.

W

wickedragon

hmm

and I was sure it was seals in sea. The internationally accepted distress call by scientist thinking 9foot seals are cute.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
SOS = Seel on Sea

Seel on Smack

this is the point of degenration when "teh seel(tm)" cannot think of something to write and thus resorts to the lowest levels and produces someting dark and unnown :eek:

E

Ekydus

Dot Dot Dot
Dash Dash Dash
Dot Dot Dot

Isn't it? :p

(Morse Code)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by sharma

this is the point of degenration when "teh seel(tm)" cannot think of something to write and thus resorts to the lowest levels and produces someting dark and unnown :eek:

I think people have heard enough of your backside sharma even without me posting something about it :D

I kid i kid!! You're allright.

A

Addlcove

as already stated omni, SOS as the distress call doesn´t mean anything ;p right now we´re just making things up :p

O

old.tRoG

Ekydus speaks the truth. It's:

... --- ...

Silly people.

O

old.Tohtori

It's

Blip blip blip beep beep beep blip blip blip.

Damnit.

EDIT: Damnit is there to bring a sort of majestic tone to the message. You know, like thunder and..stuff.

T

The_Sheriff

Whats interesting about MOT in morse code then? Anyone?
There's a biccie in it for ya.

T

The_Sheriff

No. MOT uses only dashes....

M O T
_ _ / _ _ _ / _

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
SOS = Seel on Sea

International distress call when Teh Icefloat comes to view in the horizon.

As we all know, the Titanic collided with an "iceberg". Well, it was ice but no berg.

I've always been confused as to how a measly lettuce could sink a rather large ocean liner cruise ship type thing

G

gengi

Originally posted by Serbitar
I've always been confused as to how a measly lettuce could sink a rather large ocean liner cruise ship type thing

It was a pre-patch zerker lettuce, fully buffed.

Later

J

Jonaldo

SOS = Save our Souls

I was there when we made it up originally and decided to use that and 'May Day' as distress signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom