Anyone know how to email the police?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I lost a bag on a train (Bracknell -> London Waterloo) on Monday which hasn't as yet shown up at Waterloo lost property. There's stuff in there that is physically expesive (digi cam, cd player) and also of massive sentimental value. I'm not a happy bunny about it all, but on advice of t'other half have been trying to phone Bracknell Police on the offchance that someone handed it in at a local police station instead.

However, they're not answering the phone so does anyone know how to find an email address for them?

(P.S. If anyone picked up a black rucksack from a luggage rack after 12:30 on Monday travelling from Reading to Bracknell... ;))

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Aha. Ahahahahaha. Aha. No, still too annoyed to laugh, sorry.

Damini

Part of the furniture
All I could find is this: http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/about/tf_cont.htm

Which I expect you've already found. I wish you all the best, but I think phoning is better than e-mailing. As I've found through bitter experience, e-mails get passed on and on until nobody can claim responsibility for not responding to you.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Didnt the transport police help you out at the station? They did when a bag of mine went missing...

Or why not pop down to your local police station. You're going to have to sign a statement anyway

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
damn, Ben, no help from me but I do hope you get it back mate.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you 'lost' the bag from a luggage rack on the train then the chances are it was 'stolen' and therefore the person that 'picked it up' is unlikely to hand it in to an authority upon discovering it's expensive contents... Sucks, but it happens all too frequently.

If you didn't lose it, but rather forgot to pick it up on your way off the train, then (don't they remind you of this as you approach the station or is that just South Western lines?) it should've been handed in somewhere along the line... Have you tried ringing all the stations on the line and those that the train stopped at after where you got off (if that makes sense)?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The bag was 'lost' through me leaving it there when I got off and it not being recovered (so far) by any cleaning staff. I'm well aware that it's my own fault and so forth, so could do without being reminded.

There's very little chance that it will have been handed in at Bracknell, since that's where I got off, but I'm willing to persist with this so I've got to start somewhere.

Thanks for the link suggestions all, Laz - exactly what I'm looking for but sadly they seem to be for specific forces not the Bracknell Forest region. Damini: I did indeed find that link, that's the number I phoned earlier on. Thank you though!

CaLLous, from what I've been told, all the lost property on the line should work down to Waterloo but I think if it's not reached Waterloo tomorrow then I'm going to look up the other stops and see if it's just bunged up there. Ascot is a couple of stops down, so it's concievable that they're holding onto stuff for a little longer at the moment given the number of people in the area.

Thanks all. :(

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
[OT]
I realise it's an emergency only number, but do you guys have 911 there?
We've got 000 instead...

[/OT]

Good luck finding it m8 :fluffle:

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Fastest way to contact police, drive at 75mph on a quiet motorway at off peak time.

DaGen

Fledgling Freddie
There is no info listed for the Police in Bracknell but the BTP District Station is here:

British Transport Police District Police Station
Brunel Arcade Station Approach
Reading Berkshire
RG1 1LT

Tel: 0118 959 0950

Try them, if they can help they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom