Anyone interested in starting a Roleplaying guild with me?

S

Sigurd

I have recently started life as a bard in the fair land of Hibernia, and I've heard there are no roleplay guilds at all here - I was hoping to change this, but I barely know anyone here, which makes it a bit hard. So, would anyone be interested in starting a roleplay guild with me? My ingame name is Kiasa.

K

karlophin

Mate check out "The Kindred"

There a role-playing guild I think, pm auscia, say I sent ya ;)

S

Sigurd

I've already talked to a few people about starting one, but we need more people, anyone interested?

O

old.Xanthian

Just wondering how does Role-Playing work in RvR situations ?

You Target Aussie!, he is a member of the Enemy Realm!

"I hit thee Sir.Aussie with my Glistening Broad Sword"

*Aussie Shoots you and /laughs*

Hmm cant see it happening somehow :rolleyes:

S

Sigurd

lol, can't see a roleplaying guild happening? Well I suppose it depends on how many people want one.

M

Maq-attack

On the contrary Xan me 'ol chum. The Cu started out as an RP guild, and it worked. It was a clash of RP personalities that caused an internal meltdown in the origonal Cu, mine namely. Although the Cu are not an RP guild now, should you see me about and RP to me, the favour will be returned.

And as for RvR RP (too many initials there!)
Maybe you misunderstand the complexity of RvR, or rather battle RP....in the times of which this game is set, would you imagine sworn enemies saying "Sir, doth thou'st allow mine hearty blade to entwine your spine?".......errrrrr no, nor would I. In battle they'd run at eachother and hack with their swords till one died. I myself see battles going alot better with some form of RP involved, you know who the boss/general is and take your battle orders and carry them out. You yell directions to steer your soldiers to enemy sightings. RP guilds are generally better formed and more organised, with better disciplined players.....this is,of course, in my gaming experience, and in no way constitutes every guild out there in every game.

Just my tuppence worth.

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Maq-attack
On the contrary Xan me 'ol chum. The Cu started out as an RP guild, and it worked. It was a clash of RP personalities that caused an internal meltdown in the origonal Cu, mine namely. Although the Cu are not an RP guild now, should you see me about and RP to me, the favour will be returned.

And as for RvR RP (too many initials there!)
Maybe you misunderstand the complexity of RvR, or rather battle RP....in the times of which this game is set, would you imagine sworn enemies saying "Sir, doth thou'st allow mine hearty blade to entwine your spine?".......errrrrr no, nor would I. In battle they'd run at eachother and hack with their swords till one died. I myself see battles going alot better with some form of RP involved, you know who the boss/general is and take your battle orders and carry them out. You yell directions to steer your soldiers to enemy sightings. RP guilds are generally better formed and more organised, with better disciplined players.....this is,of course, in my gaming experience, and in no way constitutes every guild out there in every game.

Just my tuppence worth.

Thankyou :D
For not flaming me and giving me a valid explanation :)

A

Auscia

About roleplaying.

As Karlophin kindly pointed out, me and several of my friends have indeed formed a roleplaying guild, The Kindred. We tend to roleplay as often as possible; we smile, laugh and react to things as our characters would.
As for chat windows, we keep the main channel for in-character talking: almost everything we say in the main channel is in-character, and the /emotes we so often use are to give more depth to conversations. The /group and /guild channels, though, are for other chat, like explaining more things more thoroughly than simple /emotes would, like this: "/g Recently Auscia has been more reserved than normally; it's like she's troubled over something."

Those of you who really are interested in roleplaying can contact me or any member of our guild. I for one would be but happy to have more roleplayers in our guild. After all, it's the only reason we formed the damn guild in the first place :)

Those who'd like to know how our guild works and who are in it can visit our guilds home page: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp?GuildID=2725&TabID=18292

-Auscia Starbrow, on behalf of The Kindred.

A

Alkoran

Tip for RvR RP

When you're waiting a DL macro yourself some battle cries, then all you have to do is punch your quickbar as you charge. You can always delete them and compose some more for the next trip to RvR if you feel like some variation. As I'm a 2 shot death in RvR, my macros tend to be more "last words" than anything else though :D

E

Ensceptifica

Xanthian, roleplaying doesn't necessarily involve making absurd long sentences in some ancient form of English ( ;

S

sharon_corr

By all means, DO join us! At least to taste a bit of excellent RP, excitement and romance. (I've played MUSHes for about 3 years now, so trust my judgement)

As far as RvR roleplay goes... well, its mainly with your realmates. If you can go into BG 1 these days, look up Ulricke, my main Kindred character and the two of you can have quite some fun :) (shhh Sable!)

Although, I wonder if some limited /feeling rp and gesture-based rp can be done with enemies. But knowing the enemies in our BG, i'd totally forget any hope :(

//Uli

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom