Anyone interested in playing a bard in a set group

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
As title, I have a set group with all golites ready to roll (as soon as I get my internet connection sorted in my halls of residence - soon!), just looking for a bard to play now. Will post details if anyone is interested, don't have time now. laters :)

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, only if you use comms though. And aren't in /level armour ;o

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
In reply to the armour/weapons, I will be farming emerald seals with my necro so that I have enough for the full group before the start date. The times are still being discussed on GoL private forums but provisionally these days/times:

So how about 6pm to 11pm CET (5-11pm GMT) for Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, and erm, 12-4pm CET (1-5pm GMT) at weekends?

Also as I don't yet have internet in my halls of residence the group will not be starting until probably around the beginning of November, so there's no hurry.

Oh, and the group setup we finally decided on is this:

-Healer
-Druid
-Bard
-Warden
-Shammy
-SM
-Savage
-Zerker

Thus far all the classes except the Bard are filled by GoLs but if anyone pulls out then I will be asking for more backup from people here. More news on that when the time comes.

Edit: Could all possible candidates please PM me, and tell experience etc. I'm not looking for any newcomers here. If you play alb excal that is also a bonus, I will evaluate everyone that asks and let you know who I chose and why when the time comes.

Aoir

Fledgling Freddie
hmm kool

I have a level 24 bard alrdy m8 if u need but i do grp wiv real m8s from time to time but i like to play in big grp

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
I can play the bard, hes sitting pretty in SC at level 20 atm. I'm available all nights after 6 (apart from fridays, sat's) till late. Let me know if you need me, ta.

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
The times may change as I am planning to get a job, but the Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays evenings shouldn't be a problem as I will ask to have them off.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
5 healing classes?

Why a bard, you already have end and mezz with shammy and healer? Skald or Mincer would be better and be able to help with dmg. Or drop the shammy for another tank/pbaoe.

Then again grp will still work just suggesting stuff :)

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
We have discussed the group setup in detail, this is the one. Reasons for this is that fights on Camlann tend to last a very long time so the more mez/healing classes you have the longer you can survive in this type of arena.

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
i wont up another bard xD

and btw, i rly think this grp setup wont work. but GL ^^

fortunefish

Banned
aye this is shocking

u want imho (ignore me if uw ant) :

3 hero/warrior (depneding on play sytle) - both for guard and covering the casters and healers and taking agro for pve aswell as some lovely slamming in pvp

1 bard base buffs speed end mezz and some heals if druid gets agro

Druid - yes a druid nice buffs and some main healing

2 mana elds - these rock in big situation coz as they nuke they snare :) this may not sound big but you and healers can get away to nuke and heal and provide pbaoe for pve

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
PM Killspanas ingame, I hear he feels lonely and needs some friends, I'm sure he'll be up for it.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm is it the same person as the theurgist on excal? :) (killspanas)

Has to be as they got both the same lastname. Scary addiction to the theurgist class :p

Pluttaejjn

Banned
I'm in if u want, but if we dont exp fast etc I get buttpains coz cba with the cast speed of low lvl bards... and ventrilo would be a must in setup groups, for fast reactions etc... right now I got some problems with my computer at home but im working on it, think i'll be done when u start the group, atleast I'll try.

btw, setup groups dont usualy work, i've tried 2 get 3 working but somehow, ppl that cant keep times or have 0 patience usualy joins! which totaly blows! I hope u got what they lacked! (send me a private msg if u want me)

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
The group setup has been discussed to death and I'm not changing it now. The people who have joined should have patience, and the exp will be fast as long as we do it in the right places.

Bellona

Banned
how exactly are you gonna deal enough dmg with 2 lighttanks and a sm?

most good guildgroups can surviwe a pretty violent assist train... and yours just arent.

and about level'ing.. 2 tanks running around hitting alot, and 1 pbaoe i assume.. and then 2-3 in that group will just stand around doing nothing.. its far from optimal imo.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
how exactly are you gonna deal enough dmg with 2 lighttanks and a sm?

most good guildgroups can surviwe a pretty violent assist train... and yours just arent.

and about level'ing.. 2 tanks running around hitting alot, and 1 pbaoe i assume.. and then 2-3 in that group will just stand around doing nothing.. its far from optimal imo.

Warden can tank for xp, so 3 tanking should be enough. Still be slow imo but gl to u.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Bard and Healer mezzes are on different timers i think (might be sorcs actually, anyway you can get hit by 2 1min+ mezzes in a row), so you can double mezz people.

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
Lian said:
Bard and Healer mezzes are on different timers i think (might be sorcs actually, anyway you can get hit by 2 1min+ mezzes in a row), so you can double mezz people.

I've never seen/noticed this ingame :eek:

If it's true then I think it's sorc mezz that stacks with bard/healer, because it's an energy spell for the sorc instead of body for the bard/healer (?)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
afaik it doesnt work like that with mezz. Immunity works for mezz as a whole same as if you get slammed a chanter cant then stun you after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom