Anyone help me pls, this is really pissing me off

S

squalion

pls anyone help me, this is really pissing me off now as ive almost got my 1st 50 char and cant play

i have a

AMD Athlon 1800+
Windows XP
256SD Ram
64MB Geforce4 Mx440 Graphics Card

i use DAoC SI and the old Client sometimes with internet ADSL conenction.

heres the problem

i log onto the game, either SI or old client, then 2mins later or roughly, system stalls, and it only happens on daoc and its really fucking annoying >< anyone know how to sort this out pls? or any information? pls help :'(

S

squalion

think this is difrent m8, this causes my entire system to stall :(

B

Belsameth

there's numerous issues in the techical forum. you might want to look there a bit.

fastest I can think of is no SP1, old videocard drivers and in case you have a VIA chipset, old mobo drivers.

S

squalion

hmm,a nyone got any links to GF4 MX440 drivers? before i search thru loads of webbys lol

O

old.pala hellraiser

Had exactly same problem after trying everything (and I mean everything, complete reinstall of Windows XP using neccesary hardware only, different RAM, new PSU, every single driver available, changed all settings in BIOS and in game, new via 4 in 1 drivers installed, flashed motherboard, lower hardware acceleration blah blah to name a few).

I am using a Radeon 8500, only fix I could find was to download rage 3d tweaker, I have lowered my Mhz of my card by 10 mhz and now the game works fine with no freezing, not the ideal solution I know, but I can play SI with full effects and no problems.

If you can't find another way of fixing the problem after trying everything else then give it a try. I am not sure how you can do it with a Geforce card and even if it will work.

Hope you get it sorted

S

squalion

yes it was, ty m8 :), now to see if game works,

btw i read somewhere that if u turn ur gfx frequency down or something it helps? any hints ?

P

PadreMM

GFX frequency (?)

I think what you have heard is related to this (advice from guild-mate):

"next, check your bios... look for advanced chipset features (thats what its called here) and then AGP FAST WRITE...Make sure its set to disabled. Radeons and fast write are a big NONO

The latest catalyst drivers (3.2) now automatically turn it off"

You can get the Catalyst 3.2 drivers form here:

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html

Cheers,
Padre

T

TarX

I think what you have heard is related to this (advice from guild-mate):

"next, check your bios... look for advanced chipset features (thats what its called here) and then AGP FAST WRITE...Make sure its set to disabled. Radeons and fast write are a big NONO

The latest catalyst drivers (3.2) now automatically turn it off"

You can get the Catalyst 3.2 drivers form here:

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html

he said he had a geforce card and not ati, so im assuming that catalyst wont work on a geforce card.

altho you can do AGP fast write on a geforce card, you prob need a program like powerstip http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm .

S

squalion

well i think its beacuse my gfx card overheated :( tired it in the morning and it worked okay, but i wouldnt mind trying to lower my gfx mhz, if anyone can tell me how lol

S

squalion

Identity - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Memory clock - 333.00 MHz
Engine clock - 249.75 MHz

should i lower those by a few mhz? but all that seems to do is to change screen resilution by abit

T

tripitaka

try going to guru3d.com and having a gander on there, they help immensly with stuff like under / over clocking ur video card as well as all detonator drivers etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom