Anyone having problems with new level?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
A lot of people in RS Alliance have said they haven't been given their free level.

I've had the same problem. I've dinged six chars ( and yeh I logged them in and killed a mob patch day ) and only three of them have gotten a free level. One even got the wrong amount of XP. Was level 39 patch-day, dinged 40 a few days after, got free level pop-up at 40 still and only went to 40.50.

Eh?

My SM has dinged four levels since patch day and still hasn't had pop-up :|

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
You will get your free lvl around 15-16 gmt ... when the patch went live around 7 days ago precisely.

Retribution

Fledgling Freddie
yup i had the same problem, i was lvl 39 yesterday, and i had 9.5 xp, 0.5 till 40.

went to trainer, and he gave me xp into 40s, but only got 4.7 bubs so i asked on guild about it, and one of me m8s said," did u lvl any in th esx day period?" i said yea, i went from lvl 26-39, he said thats why, summin about u get 120-150k xp or something, and more u lvl the more it goes down i think, so at lvlv 40 150k is pants, dont know if this is right or not, but i suppose it makes sense, more u lvl less xp u get on freebie, Feeback Away..

Esidious 40 SM [Saurmans Hand]

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
went from 44 patch day to 46.98 yesterday, free lev put me to 47.83 exactly where i expected i simply got the exp required for 46-47, wich wasnt enough to make me ding 48 :) so it worked exactly like it said on the tin.

logged toon in at 2pm ish patch day, logged in yesterday at 2:15 got popup got exp, nothing to do with how many times you dinged....

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Retribution said:
yup i had the same problem, i was lvl 39 yesterday, and i had 9.5 xp, 0.5 till 40.

went to trainer, and he gave me xp into 40s, but only got 4.7 bubs so i asked on guild about it, and one of me m8s said," did u lvl any in th esx day period?" i said yea, i went from lvl 26-39, he said thats why, summin about u get 120-150k xp or something, and more u lvl the more it goes down i think, so at lvlv 40 150k is pants, dont know if this is right or not, but i suppose it makes sense, more u lvl less xp u get on freebie, Feeback Away..

Esidious 40 SM [Saurmans Hand]

When you levelled 26-27 you would have been flagged for the free xp to get from 27-28. Before this happened and before you used it you continued to level, so the xp you finally got was not enough for a level as you need more from 39-40 then you did to get to 28 from 27.

Retribution

Fledgling Freddie
aye does make sense, well, by emm, monday, should b when i get my next freebie, i should b about lvl 44-46 or so, so ill prob only get a few bubs again..heheh

Better that nothing... :)

Esidious [Saurmans Hand] 40 SM

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I can understand that if you are at 39.99 and then you get the Xp popup and go see the trainer, you'll only get around 5 bubs (as the XP you get is to make you get 39-40 and so its not enough to go 40-41) but what I mean is people just not getting the popup at all.

My SM STILL hasn't had one and I logged him and levelled 4 levels on patch day and another 3 yesterday. Had nothing.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
I can understand that if you are at 39.99 and then you get the Xp popup and go see the trainer, you'll only get around 5 bubs (as the XP you get is to make you get 39-40 and so its not enough to go 40-41) but what I mean is people just not getting the popup at all.

My SM STILL hasn't had one and I logged him and levelled 4 levels on patch day and another 3 yesterday. Had nothing.

You only get it if you gain a level and then don't gain another level in 7 days time. So constantly gaining levels would negate it. Although I personally haven't gained any free level either and it's been longer then 7 days I've been waiting too :(

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
i was 24 last week and got to 39 yesterday logd in today clickd free lvl and ding i was 40 a full 10 bubs :)
so seemd to work for me

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Have you dinged more than one level since the patch?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you can ding naturally as many times as you want.

Might be you just missed the popup - go mug the trainer ;)

Retribution

Fledgling Freddie
yea same with my Bot, he is lvl 40, and aint gained 1 freebie yet.. but i aint lvld him at all, cant be assed..lol must b summin to do with that.

but with my SM, i went from 26-39, was in Bg4 when i got my pop up..

thought sod it may as well leave and go get 40 or 41 i hoped..lol guess not :p
now lvlin to 44 so i can go bg5 to cap the rest of my RP :)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I lvl'ed my bot from 44-45 in that 7 day period, but I have still not received a free lvl....

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well I just gained my free level and I haven't gained a single level since the day of the patch. Same applies to xtc who just got it after doing the same (I think ;))

Retribution

Fledgling Freddie
well something very strange is going on then, if some people are gettin the freebie when they lvl, and some are gettin it when they dont even bother to lvl then it seems to me thats its gone on /random mode..lol

but then it is a new thing implemented, so u can expect it to frack up.
might give GM/GOA a email see whats going on, because if we didnt get our free lvl on the 6 day time limit, and its late, what happens at next freebie one? we gotta wait another 6 days? or this one gonna be late as well??
or do we get it 1-2 days earlier due to it being late? all Questions that need answering and quick smart as well..

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Well my bot just got her free lvl. I was logged in with her when suddenly the message popped that I could go get it :)

Retribution

Fledgling Freddie
nice 1, im at college atm so ant check bot, coz comps are total pants..lol
but hopefully ill get it when i get home :p

Painkillers

Loyal Freddie
I only have bad experience with this free lvl thingy :) Cause I had just lvled my lvl 24 BD for Thidranki... And right before I was clicking my trainer to use all my spec points I got the message that I could now get my free lvl... So I pressed the trainer and DING.. lvl 25... No BG for me.... GRR :(

Funkybunny

Banned
Painkillers said:
I only have bad experience with this free lvl thingy :) Cause I had just lvled my lvl 24 BD for Thidranki... And right before I was clicking my trainer to use all my spec points I got the message that I could now get my free lvl... So I pressed the trainer and DING.. lvl 25... No BG for me.... GRR :(
:clap: :clap:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
you can ding naturally as many times as you want.

Might be you just missed the popup - go mug the trainer ;)

That's what I thought. I've been to the trainer and got nada. Went at 28, 30, and 34 and nothing. Not even a bub like you'd get if you went too late.

Guess it's screwed.

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
It is really simple.

Once you log on your character for the first time, after the 1.71 patch the 7 day period will begin. IF you get a full level during those 7 days you will get a message EXACTLY 7 days after you logged that char on the first time. It does not matter how many levels you have gained, nor does it matter how far into a level you are. But it doesnt work for characters at lvl 47 and up.

Example, you are lvl 39.85 when you get the message. That means when you talk to your trainer, you will get the EXACT same amount of XP that is needed for dinging from 39-40. It wont get you to lvl 41. but it will leave you a few bubs short. You can also save the free XP for a later level, but it will always be the same amount of XP.

Spiffontherun

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:
It is really simple.

Once you log on your character for the first time, after the 1.71 patch the 7 day period will begin. IF you get a full level during those 7 days you will get a message EXACTLY 7 days after you logged that char on the first time. It does not matter how many levels you have gained, nor does it matter how far into a level you are. But it doesnt work for characters at lvl 47 and up.

Example, you are lvl 39.85 when you get the message. That means when you talk to your trainer, you will get the EXACT same amount of XP that is needed for dinging from 39-40. It wont get you to lvl 41. but it will leave you a few bubs short. You can also save the free XP for a later level, but it will always be the same amount of XP.

me fuzzeled :confused:
So if you lvl from 29 to 34 without going to the trainer, will you get the xp amount from 29 to 30, or will it upgrade so you actually get enough xp to gain a free lvl at 34... or will it only give a few bubs i.e. the amount of xp between lvl 29 and 30?

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
The amount is fixed at the level you receive the "free level" pop-up. If you receive it at lvl 36 and use it at lvl 37, or anything up to lvl 46, you will get the same amount of XP. And you know you need more and more xp the further you level up. Dont look at it as a free level, but a fixed amount of xp.

Config

Fledgling Freddie
You get a free level each 2 days IF you level in those 2 days. Did you level several times in those 2 days you still just get 1 level. so if you start level friday and gain 3 levels to sunday you get 1 free level sunday then, not before sunday. Then after that you cant get a free level until another two days have past.

However, if you dont gain a lvl during those 2 days, and lets say it goes 5 days until you level, then, when you level you get a free level instant.

So in short:

If you gain a level in 2 days you get a free level when 2 days have past since last you leveled.

If you gain a level after 2 days+ since you leveled you get an instant free level.

Then the cycle startsover again... until your level 47.

This is what have been happening to me during my levels since patch 1.71 came.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Of course replace number 2 with 7 if you're not in underpopulated server bracket :D

Config

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Of course replace number 2 with 7 if you're not in underpopulated server bracket :D

yeah your right, i was thinking about hib, this is after all the general forum :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ok this is how the system works:
There is a timer which by default is seven days but can be as low as two days for underpopulated realms. For the sakle of argument we'll use seven days in all examples. This timer starts the very first time that you log your character in after the 1.71 patch and resets every time you get a free level from your trainer.

Everytime you gain a level the game checks to see if the timer has run down (i.e. it has been more than 7 days since your last free level or your first connection). if the answer is 'no' you carry on as before. If it is 'yes', you get a pop up telling you to go and visit your trainer.

Everytime the timer reaches 0 (i.e. it has been exactly seven days since your last free level or your first connection) the game checks to see if you have gained a level normally in the last 7 days. If yes you get a popup telling you to visit your trainer, if no, you cary on as before.

When you get the pop up the game notes your current level and this determines how much XP you'll get for free. You will get exactly enough XP to go from 0 bubbles at that level to 0 bubbles at your next level.

If you're already part way into your current level when you see your trainer you will get the same amount of xp but it won't be worth ten full bubbles. You'll still go to the next level but because you need more xp per bubble at your new level than you did at your old one, you'll be a bit further back than you were.

For example: Say it takes 10 xp to go from level 1 to level 2, 20 xp from 2-3 and 30 xp from 3-4. You exactly ding level 2, don't play again for a week and are eligible for a new level when you next log in. Your trainer is going to give you 20 xp which will take you straight to the beginning of level 3. On your way to your trainer you get into some fights and earn 10 xp putting you halfway to level 3 before you get there. You talk to your trainer who gives you your 20 xp. It only takes you 10 xp to get to level 3 so the other 10 xp are carried over. However 10 xp at level 3 isn't half a level it's only a third of a level so you'll be just over 3 bubs into your new level instead of ten bubs on from where you started. If you levelled all the way to 3 before you spoke to your trainer, you'd still get 20 xp but this would only be enough for 2/3rds of a level not a whole one.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
as we have a thread about this, i was wondering do free lvls stack?

lets say i ding 2 lvls in one day , do i get 2 free lvls in return?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
No it doesn't stack it's one free level per 7 day time period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom