Anyone have any idea why...

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Anyone have any idea why they allowed scouts to have 8 sec stun, zephyr every 2 mins, ip and sick bow dmg so they can royally fuck anyone and anything over.

karpathus

Fledgling Freddie
Gesta said:
Anyone have any idea why they allowed scouts to have 8 sec stun, zephyr every 2 mins, ip and sick bow dmg so they can royally fuck anyone and anything over.

Because Rangers had BUFFS!!

- Karpathus NS++

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Goes really nice with another class with stealth, mezz, insta stun, DD, climb walls, safe fall, speed 5... have I forgoten something?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Some don't spec slam, so some don' have the 9sec stun.

Zephyr has had its timer upped to 15 minutes in a distant patch.

IP has less value in NF compared to OF imo.

Bow dmg, well mixture of relics and ToA.

For those that need to group with all the toys a scout has atm, shame on them imo, they suck at playing a rogue.

PS You forgot to mention the high melee dmg when speced for :x

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Some don't spec slam, so some don' have the 9sec stun.

Some don't spec bow either, prolly as numerous as the bunch who don't spec slam.

Spot-the-sarcasm :|

Jaem- said:
Zephyr has had its timer upped to 15 minutes in a distant patch.

Only 3+ months til it gets here, yay! :|

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Well you spec for what you get,

spec melee, expect to do nice hits.
spec bow, expect to do nice hits.
spec shield, expect to block alot.
spec friends, have groupies & adds to aid you in combat.

I'm not gona defend the class, its OP anyspec, then combined with a infils tank dmg, mincers abilities, a trio of dooooooom.

Ego

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Some don't spec bow either, prolly as numerous as the bunch who don't spec slam.

Spot-the-sarcasm :|

Only 3+ months til it gets here, yay! :|

3 months, that's a toughie indeed.

What about waiting for GP to be nerfed for 2+ years? Or insta-ichor? Or savage quad-wielding? or left axe? :p

trust me, 3 months ain't that bad :touch:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Sure, tho no friends following etc..

Comes without saying ofc. I'll come over to snowdonia docs this evening. Read your PM's here at around 18:00 GMT with /loc supplied.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Ego said:
3 months, that's a toughie indeed.

What about waiting for GP to be nerfed for 2+ years? Or insta-ichor? Or savage quad-wielding? or left axe? :p

trust me, 3 months ain't that bad :touch:

So when you throw some stupid shit like that into the equation, should we mention BOF and SOS godlike powers for the same amount of time? This was in reference to the stealthergame, this is not the full group kinda "effected by GP" kinda way.

Giving one archer class the ability to block 90%+ of any arrows fired against them while the two other classes dont have that is seriously bullshit. I dont want carbon copies, but I want comparability, thats all.

(Notice I didnt make one reference to your silly overpowered FOTM class Sollers?)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Scout slam is no big deal really, it's quite easy to deal with. Purge 2 is something handy, or try to phase shift as he comes near, not to mention that they always approach you on a straight line as begging to get zephyred.

Now, look at scouts. If they spec 50bow, 42shield (for slam), 35 stealth, that leaves them with just 18 on weapon. I wouldn't consider that as overpowered really.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
if you want scouts to block less, the only real thing you can do is take away there shield spec, that just leaves them with bow, stealth and melee to spec in, then the people who whined about there sick melee dam or uber bow dam will just whine even more

could give them a new spec option tho

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
mucho melee needed for leeching... from a tower far far away.

yup

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Please roll more scouts! My VW likes them...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
mucho melee needed for leeching... from a tower far far away.

yup

Yep cause all scouts camp towers! :eek2:

Do your realise how boring that is? :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I've got a sneaking suspicion that albions stealth classes were purposefully made stronger then the other realms counterparts to try to persuade more of albion into the stealth war instead of open field combat.

Right at the beginning of DAoC it was apparent how much of a numerical advantage albion was getting and time has shown that the majority of people would rather reroll a character in their own realm over that of another realm because of friends, its easy, not having to transfer cash etc. So what better way to make more of the numerically advantaged realm to have less of an effect on RvR, then to make their closest to overpowered character a stealther. Hey, even if the difference is only minimal, every little counts right?

This of course has now gone out of the window though with the game being centered around keep warfare...

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
God are people still bitching about this game

The stun happens when you block - ok it might happen alot, but still has a proviso. Everybody knew that come NF scouts would be overpowered.

Makes you think people have been thinking up some excellent whines since american open beta for NF, when they first saw hoe much scouts would own.

Where is the love?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Scout slam is no big deal really, it's quite easy to deal with. Purge 2 is something handy, or try to phase shift as he comes near, not to mention that they always approach you on a straight line as begging to get zephyred.

Now, look at scouts. If they spec 50bow, 42shield (for slam), 35 stealth, that leaves them with just 18 on weapon. I wouldn't consider that as overpowered really.
my scout dont have slam .... 50thrust/45bow rest split between shield n stealth :)

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Alb stealthers were overpowered without relics so that argument doesnt hold.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Yep cause all scouts camp towers! :eek2:

Do your realise how boring that is? :p

98% ? :p

rest is afk, solo (0.5% approxi :eek:) or busy rapid firing behind other 50 albs :x

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
The stun happens when you block - ok it might happen alot, but still has a proviso.

No, Slam is an anytime style.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
my scout dont have slam .... 50thrust/45bow rest split between shield n stealth :)

You're one of the exceptions obviously. Btw your friar hits hard :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
because you dont notice the annoying things in your own realm and they vent frustration here ?_?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom