anyone has the fileplanet daoc client?

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
i mean the classic one, but withthe si engine?

if u do, pls post ur update.dat ;)

ta

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Code:
Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/new_camelot/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/new_camelot/mpatch.dat

Its US servers only. There is no free SI engine for European classic users.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Yet. There is NO support for the old classic client in 1.70 (NF) - so GOA will have to make the 'classic with SI engine' client available to everyone in the next few months.

Its just to make the patches easier for Mythic to manage: having to have 3 versions of everything (classic, SI, TOA clients) is just a waste of time. Even 2 versions is too much: but they do still hope to sell more copies of TOA so cant give that away for free yet ;)

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks, i needed that, i wanna try frontiers ;) and i have an old unpayed account ;) (come back to camleto is a great idea)

Chilly

Balls of steel
SI+TOA clients are horrendous to run unles you have a really REALLY shit hot computer, always use classic if i can, specially for rvr

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Chilly said:
SI+TOA clients are horrendous to run unles you have a really REALLY shit hot computer, always use classic if i can, specially for rvr

Only if you're running a 486...

Any 1ghz machine with a half decent graphics card can run the SI engine reasonably fine.

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:

I agree , my computer isn't that bad, but I kinda lag when using the SI client ( and i'm playing on us atm , also with the special client) the lag on the us servers is less than using an si client on the europe servers ( and yes I live in europe) .Anyway , it's playable in the bg's , but believe me , for NF in the highlvl rvr you need a pretty damn good computer, if I only try to log in in that zone it's like logging in , and crashing/ld'ing 4-10 times in a row, due to the lag from the keeps only , and that's non-primetime

I'm searching for an e-mail adress where to mail Mythic about it , because it isn't fair that not everyone could play the end game anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom