anyone had similar problems like this?

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when i have DAoC logged on for some time or relog a number of times i get these strange gfxbugs. the spell animations starts to blink and become chopped up. also bits of the enviorment (like grass patches) starts to blink on and off. sometimes even other players dissappear for short moments, causeing me to loose stick, etc.

a cpl of times i've become invisible to my group as well. they couldn't target me on the grp bar or see me even though i was standing right next to them.

i also get kicked off boats quite frequently and have to relog in order to be able to board a boat again.

anyone experienced similar things and/or have some idea what the problem is and how to solve it?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
when i have DAoC logged on for some time or relog a number of times i get these strange gfxbugs. the spell animations starts to blink and become chopped up. also bits of the enviorment (like grass patches) starts to blink on and off. sometimes even other players dissappear for short moments, causeing me to loose stick, etc.

a cpl of times i've become invisible to my group as well. they couldn't target me on the grp bar or see me even though i was standing right next to them.

i also get kicked off boats quite frequently and have to relog in order to be able to board a boat again.

anyone experienced similar things and/or have some idea what the problem is and how to solve it?

I have experienced the very same problems on my old machine with two different NVIDIA gfx cards. I never figured out what caused this.

If you have a dual core or 64 bit CPU you might want to install some CPU drivers, as I had the grass and blinking problems also on my new machine until I installed AMD's drivers.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Graphical glitches are almost always graphic driver related problems, or possibly overheating..

delete

Can't get enough of FH
I have experienced the very same problems on my old machine with two different NVIDIA gfx cards. I never figured out what caused this.

If you have a dual core or 64 bit CPU you might want to install some CPU drivers, as I had the grass and blinking problems also on my new machine until I installed AMD's drivers.

Never thought this day would come, but anyway..

Thanks ;x solved my problem ï think.

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manisch Depressiv

This is the best bit of technical help yet thankyou!!

I had this problem for months now and put it down to an overheating GFX card turns out it was the AMD dual core processor giving probs.

Downloaded AMD Dual-Core Optimizer from the AMD website ran it up and hey presto no more spells blinking and no more trees diappearing and reappearing.

Thanks again for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom