Anyone gunna give DnL a go?

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Was wondering if anyone was goin 2give DnL a go when its released (or even play about with the SoG)?

Im currently running about with CoV mostly but DnL looks excellent. Just thought id ask...

http://www.darkandlight.net

Woogy

Fledgling Freddie
well ive sat staring at some of the screens shots for a time now and i must say im impressed. Looks very very nice. But i said that about EQ2 and i was dissappointed. Think i wait till i hear more about the gameplay before i give it a go but it looks promising

Gamah

Banned
Will give it a go, would like to get into beta though so can give it a go before I buy.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I played the closed beta of DnL but didn't fancy it, I went for City of Villains instead, and that is one cool game. No more DAoC for me, at least not in a distant future..

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
tbfh DnL will mean the end for DAOC.

I mean SWG and WoW were the end for DAOC already everybody knows that so now this game will be the death of DAOC as well!

DOOM d000000m Do0Oo0o[]00ooom!!!111

Seriously DnL looked pretty ace 1.5 years ago but by now the engine and the ideas aren't "new" enough to make a huge impression anymore... but like all MMO's I'll surely try it out.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
tbfh DnL will mean the end for DAOC.

oh god i can't even count how many times something like that has been said.. and it never was true =)

I also heard that the PVE part of dark and light should be pretty bad compared to DAOC, proberly because it mainly is a PVP game.. but still means a lot imo.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
oh god i can't even count how many times something like that has been said.. and it never was true =)

Yep and still we'll get a huge bandwagon full off people claiming it for every halfgood MMO that will be released... Nevermind that 95% will be playing dark age again 2 months after the release of their new "perfect game" but hey.

Gamah

Banned
Oh no! someone mentioned a mmorpg other than daoc Shanaia, quick to the flamemobile!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'm atleast gonna spread my time between DAoC and SoG/DnL. don't know in what ratio though, but time will tell :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Oh no! someone mentioned a mmorpg other than daoc Shanaia, quick to the flamemobile!

Buy some sense of humor please thanks.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
im gonna try.

something about it seem good. Somethings seem damn awefull.

but i think it has potential.

its all about gameplay. thats where i think the potential is.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be trying SoG aswell. Will still be playing DAoC though, how much depends on how good SoG is.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
What is SoG?

And I heard DnL doesnt have any pvp at all and someone said its pure pvp?

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
What is SoG?

And I heard DnL doesnt have any pvp at all and someone said its pure pvp?
SoG is like an open beta for DnL, or well, not quite a beta, but a pree-release kinda. Will start sometime this month I think, and keep going until full game is released. They've said this will last about 5-6 months. Kinda risky way to start a game imo, a 6 months free release. :p Will only have like 1/8 of the world in it though.(which will be huge, still)
ganareth.jpgThis is the world map, compared to WoW map which is red. There won't be any zonewalls or stuff in this game afaik.(white=SoG)

And there will be pvp, and/or rvr. There isn't really much info about anything of this yet, though.

check: This and This for some info, a lot of it is probably old, but it might give you a general idea of what the game will be like. :p
Oh, and this thread got a bit of info in it too.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Lomme said:
SoG is like an open beta for DnL, or well, not quite a beta, but a pree-release kinda. Will start sometime this month I think, and keep going until full game is released. They've said this will last about 5-6 months. Kinda risky way to start a game imo, a 6 months free release. :p Will only have like 1/8 of the world in it though.(which will be huge, still)
View attachment 1922This is the world map, compared to WoW map which is red. There won't be any zonewalls or stuff in this game afaik.(white=SoG)

And there will be pvp, and/or rvr. There isn't really much info about anything of this yet, though.

check: This and This for some info, a lot of it is probably old, but it might give you a general idea of what the game will be like. :p
Oh, and this thread got a bit of info in it too.

I signed for Beta in like 2002/2003 I think lol =P
I still get news letters.
But I think the character models looks like shit so I wont even try it out I think :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom