Anyone got thier snail mail passwords?

D

deerstalker

Still waiting on my password to be sent through the post, has anyone got thiers yet ?

should have changed the email before.. doh!

DS

N

-Nxs-

Dont you need to have the subs and right now pages active first - otherwise how can you tell GOA to send you the password ?

They will not send out 30,000 letters to every customer, only those that have lost/forgot/changed their email.

G

gutrot

my email was/is fine, just need them to re-send it.
Its bad enough that they take so long to sort things out and leave many people unable to play the game, but what is unforgiveable is that they do not tell us what the fck is going on !
a small news update each day would at least stop the many 'pwd/subs' threads that (understandably) keep popping up.

A

acei

If you read their news page it says the email account for customer support is down so anyone sending email to it will know it won't get seen. Rightnow and Subs pages must come back up before they will start the snail mail password system i'd say Friday or next Wednesday? (It's normally when they do important stuff on those days)

N

-Nxs-

The interesting thing here...

Subs and Rightnow is down, and rightly so as someone may have access to the old passwords

When GOA acted on this, they shut down the game servers, within 24 hours of this new game passwords were being sent out. Since that finished last thursday its now been 144 hours.

How come a process to send out game passwords took around 48 hours to complete, but the process to send out sub passwords has already exceeded this by 100 hours (ok so there was a weekend there)

If only they would change and start to distribute the sub passwords in the same manor as the game passwords then RightNow/Subs could be opened TODAY as all passwords would have been changed.

The stupidity of not telling the customers what is going on, does not paint a good picture at all.

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Dont you need to have the subs and right now pages active first - otherwise how can you tell GOA to send you the password ?

If you read the one news post, it tells you to send an email to a support address with postal details so they can check.

DS.

I

injustice

Originally posted by deerstalker
If you read the one news post, it tells you to send an email to a support address with postal details so they can check.

DS.

which adresse??? they can't reply.they have a big problem and affraid..

A

acei

Originally posted by deerstalker

DS.
They say that address is saturated and you will have to send your email WHEN rightnow/sub-pages reopen.

T

tonita

They also sayed the subs pages would be up in a couple of days, and not weeks and well we're still here:p

I

injustice

Originally posted by tonita
They also sayed the subs pages would be up in a couple of days, and not weeks and well we're still here:p

still waiting since 1 week 2-3 days...then we ll wait for couple of weeks.

G

Gorse

Deerstalker - no u r not the only one with that problem.
I have paid several months in advance - havent changed email adress - and like it says on the daoc-goa homepage - I have writen subscription@goa.com several times and no reaction but i havent had the mails returned - that should by normal standard mean that they r receiving them - and I have called Mythic in USA to find out if GOA as a company was closed - and they say it isnt - then i thought to my self that if the company still exsist - it had to have an adress and if I was lucky a phonenumber - so I found their adress in France - and found all the phonenumbers on that adress - and to cut it short - I found out that if u call a wanadoo service number +33 1588 87000 they will patch u through to GOA - but all I got so far are an answering machine but I will keep on trying until I get some respons - because i think this lock out have been lasting too long

Gorse lvl 50 merc /prydwyn-
Afflatus lvl 50 necromancer /prydwyn -

P

pihlss

You need to have the subscribtion and right now pages active firs.

How can you tell GOA to send you the password thru mind reading or ???

A tip read the news on www.camelot-europe.com

ask you mum or dad what it stands there if you dont understand

P

pihlss

Originally posted by afflatus
I have paid several months in advance - havent changed email adress - and like it says on the daoc-goa homepage - I have writen subscription@goa.com several times and no reaction but i havent had the mails returned - that should by normal standard mean that they r receiving them - and I have called Mythic in USA to find out if GOA as a company was closed - and they say it isnt - then i thought to my self that if the company still exsist - it had to have an adress and if I was lucky a phonenumber - so I found their adress in France - and found all the phonenumbers on that adress - and to cut it short - I found out that if u call a wanadoo service number +33 1588 87000 they will patch u through to GOA - but all I got so far are an answering machine but I will keep on trying until I get some respons - because i think this lock out have been lasting too long

Gorse lvl 50 merc /prydwyn-
Afflatus lvl 50 necromancer /prydwyn -

Good Work there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: that is digging up phone numbers

G

gutrot

Originally posted by afflatus
I have paid several months in advance - havent changed email adress - and like it says on the daoc-goa homepage - I have writen subscription@goa.com several times and no reaction but i havent had the mails returned - that should by normal standard mean that they r receiving them -.......

Thats exactly my situation and what i've done.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by pihlss
You need to have the subscribtion and right now pages active firs.

How can you tell GOA to send you the password thru mind reading or ???

A tip read the news on www.camelot-europe.com

ask you mum or dad what it stands there if you dont understand

try reading it again:

you will have to write to subscription@goa.com when it reopens

Wait for rightnow to come back, email subscription@goa.com, get password in inbox/mailbox. Simple.

How come a process to send out game passwords took around 48 hours to complete, but the process to send out sub passwords has already exceeded this by 100 hours (ok so there was a weekend there)

I imagine it's because there's already a tool to change game passwords automatically and email it out.... whereas for subscription passwords thats not the case but my guess is as good as yours.

G

geysor

I doubt very much that they already had a tool for changing ALL the game passwords. Unless you can call GOA a "TOOL" (that's an insult for those who don't know). ;)

But it's a trivial task to write a script to go through an address book and send an email to everyone in it. It's more complicated as they had to regenerate passwords for everyone, but even that shouldn't be too complicated.

No. The reason why GOA has taken it's time changing the subscription passwords is that they all took a holiday, because they actually had to do some work over the last few weeks and they are all exhausted.

<joke>

I

-ickle_pickle-

well theyve just said on cam-europe that they're ignoring any non-subscription emails atm which basicly puts an endless waiting list on those with password problems. thumbs up to goa

Users who are viewing this thread