Anyone got their Beta Key via game.net online preorder?

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Am still waiting for mine 10 days since pre-ordering, am very tempted to cancel preorder on monday and go buy the keys from Game store, they getting me very anxious now, am worried i wont get a key at all at this rate!

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Solid said:
Am still waiting for mine 10 days since pre-ordering, am very tempted to cancel preorder on monday and go buy the keys from Game store, they getting me very anxious now, am worried i wont get a key at all at this rate!

id be surprised if anyone who ordered online in the uk either from game or gameplay has recived their box already. They say they havn't recived the pre-order boxes yet from their suppliers. So it might be another week or so. Only odd thing is theres plenty in shops it seems.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Seems to me, that game are talking out of their arses.
You can pick up the beta kits in the stores, but they can't send them out to the customers who pre-ordered?
If I get shafted over this, I won't be happy :/

Code:
Thank you for your e-mail.
Dear XXX

Pre orders placed on line are being sent the Beta pack with the music sound tracks and these were despatched on Monday 29th. Orders placed in store with the £3 deposit are available to pick up the pack immediately.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kim Laing

Customer Services Advisor

Now, Monday 29th was 5 days ago - so maybe they're using the cheapest delivery service possible, or maybe my postman has sticky fingers - unlikely, since no one I know has recieved their game.net orders.

Might wander in to town tomorrow and see if I can grab a couple of beta keys, just in case, but it seems really odd that we haven't recieved them yet.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
Might wander in to town tomorrow and see if I can grab a couple of beta keys, just in case, but it seems really odd that we haven't recieved them yet.

Won't that mean you have to buy two more copies of the game, or arn't you 'bound' into buying the game when its out?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
You pay 3 quid for the demo kits, and those 3 quid count towards the final game cost. Atleast thats how it usually works... 3 quid is the cost of a drink on a saturday night in Bournemouth... I can live without it :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
When I bought it instore, I wasn't asked for my details. Gave him £3 and left the shop, so you're not forced into buying the full game (afaik :p )

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I'd like to mention that i don't care, i got into the closed beta instead \o/

Ulcer

Fledgling Freddie
I gave up on the internet pre-order on 26th when game told me they might get round to sending them out by "the end of next week". Picked one up in store and cancelled my internet order - the store will also take your details for a pre-order if you want them to.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
I got my soundtrack / key in the post yesterday... just need the open beta to start now :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Game said:
Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm that the last of the World of Warcraft pre-order Beta Keys are processed are being processed at the moment, due for dispatch tomorrow. The keys have been dispatched in weekly batches due to demand and also the Christmas rush that our Distribution centre is currently experiencing. The Key should be with you by the end of the week at the latest.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,

Fiona Walne

Customer Service Assistant

GAME Stores Group Ltd

So, everyone who preordered from shop.game.net should have their key by Friday :)

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I cancelled my Game.net order and ordered through Gameplay, since I wanted the collectors edition. Tbh I don't really care if the beta key comes soon or not, since I've already played it - I just want my cute iccle Panda pet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom