Anyone got one of these?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
i have a creative zen Xtra 60gb , cant say i have any complaints :)
only gripe is you need to install some software to get at the disk, its not really usable like a USB stick :)

im guessing its not under £100?

i think i know the software you mean though...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
im guessing its not under £100?

i think i know the software you mean though...
i was just commenting on the one i own
Aside from that minor thing (because back then it was advertised as having a plug and play disk) i have no complaints at all
The minimum software just installs this:

Its called Nomad explorer and lets you connect to the Zen

Heres a review that might interest you
http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6490_7-0.html?tag=dir&sort=edRating7+desc

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Check out the Archos jukeboxes.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Archos-Gmin...pd_ka_2/026-5896238-5235609?ie=UTF8&s=gateway

They´re a little over 100 [insert the fancy pound sign here, which doesn´t seem to be on my keyboard] but well worth it. Basically, they´re nothing more than a small hard drive, that´s able to play mp3s. You don´t need any software or stuff.
I`m currently using the older version of the one in that link. 20GB is quite ok and they´re robust.
Try searching for them on Ebay and you´ll eventually find one in your price range.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
i was just commenting on the one i own

Sorry, did not mean my last comment to sound like i was being sarcastic, but as your always helpfull i wanted to double check you'd not found an amazing deal. :fluffle:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Check out the Archos jukeboxes.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Archos-Gmin...pd_ka_2/026-5896238-5235609?ie=UTF8&s=gateway

They´re a little over 100 [insert the fancy pound sign here, which doesn´t seem to be on my keyboard] but well worth it. Basically, they´re nothing more than a small hard drive, that´s able to play mp3s. You don´t need any software or stuff.
I`m currently using the older version of the one in that link. 20GB is quite ok and they´re robust.
Try searching for them on Ebay and you´ll eventually find one in your price range.

I found if you find alot of forum talk about an item its either the best item in the world (very rare) or an unreliable piece of hardware...

I did check quite a few comments and im not overly impressed :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I don´t say it´s the best item in the world. It just works for me. There ar currently three people in my office using either this, or an older verision of the GMini. No complains yet. :)

I think it´s a matter of what you´re expecting. When I was looking for an mp3 player, I had the following things in mind:

1. lots of space
Most players are 5-10GB, which isn´t enough. Archos are actually using laptop hd´s, so you can replace them with even bigger hd´s if you want.

2. NO extra software
no iTunes crap or anything else, just put stuff on it like it´s an external HD, so I can use it as exactly this if I want to

3. no unneccessary extra crap
I don´t want to watch movies on it and I don´t want to watch pics.. it´s just a jukebox with some extra room for data.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I have a creative zen mp3 player - 40gb one (that or 60 - cant rememeber) also doubles as a hard drive which is handy for shifting data around to mates houses etc.. Fine piece of kit, sounds great etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
Sorry, did not mean my last comment to sound like i was being sarcastic, but as your always helpfull i wanted to double check you'd not found an amazing deal. :fluffle:
hehe i didnt take it that way at all :)
just thought you misunderstood me ^^

The website i posted above is the ones which i would recommend, one little thing about the iRiver is that they dont sell the addons like the cradle which protects the screen seperately not with the device.
My friend has one and the screen is a scratch magnet (if you seen cannon digital cameras its that sort of thing), so if you get one make sure you get the case aswell :)
Personally i would go with the Crative Zen V Plus as its a very nice compact player, but as the review says if you have big thumbs the iRiver would be better but remember the case!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I was thinking about the Samsung. They just released a new ipod shuffle though which is 1Gb and $79 - so I'm undecided now.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Only reason I havent ditched my Ipod for one of the creative zens is that they don't have a car fm transmitter :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom