Anyone got a 3D Printer

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
From memory you get in the pod, it's sealed then filled with Nitrogen so you slowly suffocate.

Seems a bit of a maze morally, and not one I'm convinced we should be heading down....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I do and there ain't no way something that big could be printed on a home printer, even breaking it up into smaller parts and sticking them together. People do use that method to create models that are bigger than a printer can produce in one, eg:

s8qwjthoqned1.jpg

but it wouldn't work for big smooth surfaces, especially if there's an expecation of it being airtight.

They must be talking about some big industrial 3d printer but then why wouldn't they just use injection moulding?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They must be talking about some big industrial 3d printer but then why wouldn't they just use injection moulding?
The guy wanted the tech to be available to anybody - taking it out of the hands of governments. Obviously, all the things you said hold ofc, but I guess if the pattern is out there...

For me, if I'm well enough to get myself into a suicide booth, I'm well enough to jump off a cliff.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This says it's designed to be printed in sections of 1000 x 500 x 500mm, which is way bigger than any printer under $20k can produce. I get the anti-government angle but it feels like calling it "3d printable" is a bit of a marketing gimmick, unless you have deep pockets and a very strong will. There's so much more to it than just loading the model and hitting print.

Edit - ok this one can do it, and it's "only" $15k.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went down a sarco rabbit hole. It's all a bit grim. :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This says it's designed to be printed in sections of 1000 x 500 x 500mm, which is way bigger than any printer under $20k can produce. I get the anti-government angle but it feels like calling it "3d printable" is a bit of a marketing gimmick, unless you have deep pockets and a very strong will. There's so much more to it than just loading the model and hitting print.

Edit - ok this one can do it, and it's "only" $15k.
Flight to Dignitas would be a lot cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom