Anyone going to Eq2

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Eq2 is out this week. Anyone going over to try it out?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
Eq2 is out this week. Anyone going over to try it out?

Theres some nice EQ2 forums already setup on FH - people are posting there, some are from DAOC

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
when wow is coming lol mmm

sony vs blizzard
LOL
no contest i mean no fricking contest at focking all

WoW here i come

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
SOE suck cock. :(
No matter how good or bad EQ2 is as a game, SOE will fuck it up. :p

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
There's no doubt I'll try EQ2, but not at the release date though.. got exams in December, so it would be pure suicide to buy it before ;)

Played EQ for mby 2 years with a few breaks, even still have my old chars, so I'll definately try EQ2 to check it out.. seen a few ingame clips and it just looks sweet. And I also like the "good vs evil" concept with Qeynos vs Freeport.. hope it'll prove to be fun :p

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the beta of eq2 and i liked it, so i'll buy the game for sure.
But this is indeed better placed in off topic.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
It went like this with all friends that played EQ2 beta:

*first day*
"hows it going in EQ2?"
"its very cool you can blah blah blah blah"

*a few days later*
"hows it going in EQ2?"
"i dont really play it anymore its more of the same"

Cozak

Part of the furniture
They may suck cock but they are Godlike in comparison to GoA, and GoA are going to host WoW servers? Nearly always GM's ingame on EQ to help you out never had to wait more than 3-4 hours for a response/help in 5 years of playing everquest, and 90% or the time they were able to sort the problems there and then, unless it was a technical issue or something. Even if it was a technical issue was chat rooms with 6-7 tech support ppl in to help you out.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
GOA aren't hosting WoW, dunno where you got that idea.

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
lol GOA hosting WOW LOL

they wish they truly fricking wish

go blizzard go blizzard HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Prolly gonna have a bash at it I can't see myself playing for a long period of time as there's no PvP worth talking about. Still I can play UT for PvP but somehow it's not the same...

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
It went like this with all friends that played EQ2 beta:

*first day*
"hows it going in EQ2?"
"its very cool you can blah blah blah blah"

*a few days later*
"hows it going in EQ2?"
"i dont really play it anymore its more of the same"

Thats how it was for me too :)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Zorewin said:
when wow is coming lol mmm

sony vs blizzard
LOL
no contest i mean no fricking contest at focking all

WoW here i come

LOL, did you mean LOL? Oh LOL m8

Fock.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be giving it a try. Sure its more of the same (as all current and planned MMOGs are), but who plays these games for the storyline / content? Its all about the community of people playing, and so far the beta community in EQ2 has been pretty good. Compare that to the WoW community (euughh) and some of the whiny brats that post here, and I'm quite hopeful that it will replace DAoC for me.

edit: Its also reasonably solo-friendly, and the crafting system won't drive you to drugs.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
I went back to EQ when I accepted that DAoC with a 6 hour timelag was dead. (Work assignment in US). Old chars still there - still viable! - customer supprt very helpful in setting everything up - very responsive - and the game was just so relaxing. Up to date graphics, sound etc. Main game and expansions all bundled together for $30 - had a blast having been away 30 months or so.

This doesn't mean that EQ2 will be enjoyable but if EQ2 is at least as good as EQ1 then returning players will have a blast as well. It will be new without being totally alien. And DAoC pulled players from EQ on day 1.

How many depart DAoC ... time will tell, no need to guess. What impact that will have on Pry ..?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I tried EQ, thought it looked shit, played shit and was far too unfriendly to the new player. :p
Dunno how much better EQ2 will be (obviously it'll look nicer).

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
I tried EQ, thought it looked shit, played shit and was far too unfriendly to the new player. :p
Dunno how much better EQ2 will be (obviously it'll look nicer).

Definately playing EQ2, will ritually burn my Daoc cd's cos its a pants campsink.

I Played EQ1 for 3 years on and off, indeed graphics were poor, but gameplay was good and it was very friendly to new players, at least on the US servers it was. Try starting a new char on Dark age of cackalot and see how unfriendly people are, there is plenty of room in the lowbie hunting areas for you to roam.

When the Good v Evil servers launch on EQ2 it will be a blast. :clap:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
For anyone thinking about trying EQ2 then please ignore the posts from people here saying "its sony" and "its crap" as they have clearly not tried the game or played in the BETA.

Its £24 so if you can spare that, try the game and make your own mind up

Personaly after playing the beta, the graphics and quest system are outstanding and relly put all other MMORPGS ive tried to shame, the class paths seemed a little restricting but In the closing stages of beta they have added more variance to this, i pre-ordered the game a while ago - and will atleast give it a try.

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
EQ ? what a chore.....

And Daoc aint??? level to 50, level your artis and do your MLs, go RvR and be there for 2 minutes and get zerged, go back and get zerged again,unbalanced classes, buffbots, FFS!!! BORING!!!!!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda of amusing saying daoc is worse for camping than EQ... ;)

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Never said Daoc was worse for camping, EQ1 was a large campfest, at least you had a large choice of zones and people to group with. Daoc is definately getting campfesty, Avalon City reminds me of sitting in the Dreadlands for weeks at a time, i hate them places :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom