Anyone give me advice on starting a character?

S

saggyherman

I'm coming back to DAOC after a year away, being tempted by the Shrouded Isle expansion pack, and would like any advice from sensible people about which characters they like/prefer playing?

Originally I played a Bard on Hibernia (got to level 37), but this time I'm going to Midgard and want to play an offensive rather than supporting class. I'd rather it were a magical character, as I'm not a big fan of melee.

I'd like the char to be useful to groups as I enjoy the social side of this game more than anything else.

All suggestions gratefully received! Thanks :)

B

Brunore

It really does depend on what you find interesting, you could think that our opinions are shit :D

Anyway, if you like magic then your options are Runemaster, Spirtmaster and Bonedancer.

Runemasters, depending how specced can have PBT, high level groups and RvR groups will love you forever if you have 6sec PBT.

Spirtmasters can have the mega damaging PBAOE spells, if you find a good group of people nothing comes close to the xp a PBAOE party can offer.

I have not played any myself but there are a few guys on here who should be able to help you.

A

Arnor

ive played supp(pbaoe) sm, and for pve he's good in groups, but with great power comes great responsibility as they say, and from the day you start grouping till the day you hit 50 its your! job to educate the less gifted about your powers and how they work.

Thing is, pbaoe xp is VERY different from normal xp, and so you need to enlighten them, especially the tanks, over and over and over and... well.

I got a little tired in the end, after dying because all the tanks jumped the first mob and screamed mezz!!!! mEZZZ!!!

but in the end you will have a pretty versatile character with decent CC and the most damaging spell in the game.

now for the goodies, supp-sm's are GREAT for powerlvling others, and GREAT for farming cash, GREAT for keepdefense/offense etc.
And thats about it.

in "normal" rvr you need a group that knows how to play, and it needs to be a balanced group. But if you get those 2 things, you can be incredible lethal very fast ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Arnor2
I got a little tired in the end, after dying because all the tanks jumped the first mob and screamed mezz!!!! mEZZZ!!!

lmao

S

SFXman

lol... I remember this with my ice wizard, every time I join a group:
"Ok, so I will use pbaoe and what I want you to do is take all the mobs... so each tank takes a mob, taunt it if you will."
"Be in a tight group as well... ok?"
"[int 60 voice]Duh... ok.[/int 60 voice]"
*battle begins*
"Umm.. everyone was supposed to take on for themselves..."
*resurrections*
"[int 60 voice]Oh I see, got it[/int 60 voice]"
*rinse and repeat*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom