Anyone for a heretic?

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
From the Herald:

"Our new Albion class, the dark priest/evil cleric, was described internally as the Zealot. When we announced the class, we didn't have anything better in mind, so we continued to call it the Zealot. After plenty of discussion and feedback, we've decided that a more fitting name for the class is the Heretic. This is a much more descriptive and accurate name, one that best evokes the feel and mythos of the class. Here's a bit of the backstory: “The Heretic starts out as an acolyte in the Church of Albion, but comes to renounce his faith and turns to the worship of Arawn. This is, in fact, the definition of a Heretic, from the perspective of the Church.”

Spell info:

"Albion's new class is the Heretic, a Dark Priest/Evil Cleric class. It starts out as a member of the Church of Albion (as an Acolyte), but at fifth level renounces the Church and becomes an adherent of Arawn, the lord of the underworld who was introduced in the Shrouded Isles expansion. Heretics will be able to use flexible weapons, but will be restricted to cloth armor as well as small shields. As evil Clerics, they fit into the hybrid category, with both the use of combat styles and high-damage focus spells.

The Heretic's specialization spell lines are unique in Dark Age of Camelot. Where the cleric and friar classes have Rejuvenation baseline/Rejuvenation specline and Enhancement baseline/Enhancement specline spells, the Heretic will have Rejuvenation baseline spells and Arawn's Fire specline spells, as well as Enhancement baseline and Cthonic Accretion specline spells. This allows the Heretic to spec high in their offensive damage line, while receiving the benefits of a high Rejuvenation/Arawn's Fire spec for the Rejuvenation baseline spells. The Arawn's Fire spec includes single target and area effect focus damage spells. Strategically, that means the Heretic will start attacking a target, and while their damage will start off slowly, it will eventually ramp up over the course of 10-20 seconds to match that of a pure damage dealing caster. Arawn's Fire also has lower damage, uninterruptible versions of the focus damage spells, as well as a focus DD/Snare and an insta-cast snare for escape purposes. Rounding out the line is a twist on the basic resurrection spell where the Heretic can raise a dead realmmate - but as a horribly twisted creature that can do damage to enemies for a period of time before reverting back to normal form with only a small number of hit points remaining. More information on the Cthonic line of spells to come soon! "

Discuss.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
legaoniel said:
From the Herald:

"Our new Albion class, the dark priest/evil cleric, was described internally as the Zealot. When we announced the class, we didn't have anything better in mind, so we continued to call it the Zealot. After plenty of discussion and feedback, we've decided that a more fitting name for the class is the Heretic. This is a much more descriptive and accurate name, one that best evokes the feel and mythos of the class. Here's a bit of the backstory: “The Heretic starts out as an acolyte in the Church of Albion, but comes to renounce his faith and turns to the worship of Arawn. This is, in fact, the definition of a Heretic, from the perspective of the Church.”

Spell info:

"Albion's new class is the Heretic, a Dark Priest/Evil Cleric class. It starts out as a member of the Church of Albion (as an Acolyte), but at fifth level renounces the Church and becomes an adherent of Arawn, the lord of the underworld who was introduced in the Shrouded Isles expansion. Heretics will be able to use flexible weapons, but will be restricted to cloth armor as well as small shields. As evil Clerics, they fit into the hybrid category, with both the use of combat styles and high-damage focus spells.

The Heretic's specialization spell lines are unique in Dark Age of Camelot. Where the cleric and friar classes have Rejuvenation baseline/Rejuvenation specline and Enhancement baseline/Enhancement specline spells, the Heretic will have Rejuvenation baseline spells and Arawn's Fire specline spells, as well as Enhancement baseline and Cthonic Accretion specline spells. This allows the Heretic to spec high in their offensive damage line, while receiving the benefits of a high Rejuvenation/Arawn's Fire spec for the Rejuvenation baseline spells. The Arawn's Fire spec includes single target and area effect focus damage spells. Strategically, that means the Heretic will start attacking a target, and while their damage will start off slowly, it will eventually ramp up over the course of 10-20 seconds to match that of a pure damage dealing caster. Arawn's Fire also has lower damage, uninterruptible versions of the focus damage spells, as well as a focus DD/Snare and an insta-cast snare for escape purposes. Rounding out the line is a twist on the basic resurrection spell where the Heretic can raise a dead realmmate - but as a horribly twisted creature that can do damage to enemies for a period of time before reverting back to normal form with only a small number of hit points remaining. More information on the Cthonic line of spells to come soon! "

Discuss.

so basicly alb get a second secondary healer with weapon styles 1.5x (or even 2.0x*) spec points with specc heals. i'm seriously gonna take it personal if they dont give that to shammys to (and NO! our so called "uber dot" isnt good enough!!!)

*The 2.0x spec pts was taken from: This allows the Heretic to spec high in their offensive damage line, while receiving the benefits of a high Rejuvenation/Arawn's Fire spec for the Rejuvenation baseline spells.

ok its 3 AM and i'm tired so i prolly misunderstood something there but from my PoV it looks like they gonna get some major spec pts to play with....

doesent matter if they do or dont really tho. just the fact that they get the "benefits" of high specc in rejuv/arawns whatever is just as bad if its all in baseline so they dont have to waste pts training in it...

sko

Loyal Freddie
Amazing, major QQ even before the class has seen the light of day. Get some fucking oxygen you asswipes.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
sko said:
Amazing, major QQ even before the class has seen the light of day. Get some fucking oxygen you asswipes.

Plural? One person replied and I was just posting info. CALLLLLLLLLLLLLM DOWN!!!

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Noun 1. heretic - a person who holds religious beliefs in conflict with the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church
misbeliever, religious outcast
castaway, outcast, pariah, Ishmael - a person who is rejected (from society or home)
2. heretic - a person who holds unorthodox opinions in any field (not merely religion)
recusant, nonconformist - someone who refuses to conform to established standards of condu

---------------

damn can u tell im bored ?" :)

they sound so far like fun altho i'll hold my judgement till ive let the yanks beta test it for us :)

p.s not good news for friars tho :( (imo)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
So its a smite cleric with spells that can actually kill things...woopee doo.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
legaoniel said:
From the Herald:

Rounding out the line is a twist on the basic resurrection spell where the Heretic can raise a dead realmmate - but as a horribly twisted creature that can do damage to enemies for a period of time before reverting back to normal form with only a small number of hit points remaining. More information on the Cthonic line of spells to come soon! "

WTF

i can hear the QQ now, as this ""twisted Creature" will no doubt be invunerable or itd be pointless rezzing it just so it can be killed again. It also sounds a bit stupid imo.

I like the insta snare though, but something bugging me, u cant spec shield so u got no point speccing flex really seeing as most of your moves are positionals or prequisites and they dont get parry either i think.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
looks like it'll have the same problems as friars and smite clerics though ;) too busy meleeing or nuking to heal.

Welcome to Albion ;)

Looks fun anyway.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
So its a smite cleric with spells that can actually kill things...woopee doo.

Now we just need Fingo to come and make a rejuv spec one.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
knighthood said:
legaoniel said:
From the Herald:

Rounding out the line is a twist on the basic resurrection spell where the Heretic can raise a dead realmmate - but as a horribly twisted creature that can do damage to enemies for a period of time before reverting back to normal form with only a small number of hit points remaining. More information on the Cthonic line of spells to come soon! "

WTF

i can hear the QQ now, as this ""twisted Creature" will no doubt be invunerable or itd be pointless rezzing it just so it can be killed again. It also sounds a bit stupid imo.

I like the insta snare though, but something bugging me, u cant spec shield so u got no point speccing flex really seeing as most of your moves are positionals or prequisites and they dont get parry either i think.

well it's the same as a paladin ress just you get to go "rah!" before you appear with 10% hp crippled and slow moving ;)

sounds funny.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Coren said:
Now we just need Fingo to come and make a rejuv spec one.

I'll roll a heretic, spec in the rejuv/nuke line and refuse to nuke! rah!

Actually thinking about it a Smite Cleric is a heretic ;)

How dare you not spec rejuv/enhance! defiler! heretic! begone!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sounds interesting to me tbh, I wont say I dont like it untill I see some stats, untill then its 'interesting' :D

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
One Q.. can you refuse the " rezz " ???? , if not prepare for some sick whining.. WTF ya doing mofu... my mates need'd me healing/what ever and now I have to waste time being ya biatch.. FU !!!!! hahahaha gonna be a blast I recon :clap: :flame: :clap:

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like a nice class and the new name is far better looking forward to trying 1 out odd that they have flex but no sheild or parry that prety much elimnates its only usefull styles other then levi on the bright side that rez sounds sick :flame:.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
One Q.. can you refuse the " rezz " ???? , if not prepare for some sick whining.. WTF ya doing mofu... my mates need'd me healing/what ever and now I have to waste time being ya biatch.. FU !!!!! hahahaha gonna be a blast I recon :clap: :flame: :clap:

ROFL hope they make it so ur ressed as a pet, ress some 1 and send them 2 kill while they just run around, waiting 2 take control of there char again

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
M® Zîllâ said:
Sounds like a nice class and the new name is far better looking forward to trying 1 out odd that they have flex but no sheild or parry that prety much elimnates its only usefull styles other then levi on the bright side that rez sounds sick :flame:.

As far as I know the heretic will get his own flex weapon styles so they won't be the same as the reavers.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
i bet anyone any money that the rez is bugged on pvp.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Jpeg[LOD] said:
Noun 1. heretic - a person who holds religious beliefs in conflict with the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church
misbeliever, religious outcast
castaway, outcast, pariah, Ishmael - a person who is rejected (from society or home)
2. heretic - a person who holds unorthodox opinions in any field (not merely religion)
recusant, nonconformist - someone who refuses to conform to established standards of condu

You forgot:

3. heretic - Sko, a person that thinks that with expressing unorthodox opinions in every post possible on Freddys House he will seem very smart and superior. Can seldom resist the urge to post without using words like 'asswipes, moron, fucking' etc.

punchy

Fledgling Freddie
legaoniel said:
From the Herald:

"Our new Albion class, the dark priest/evil cleric... we didn't have anything better in mind...
Here's a bit of the backstory: “The Heretic starts out as an acolyte blah blah f'ing blah”

etc...

Discuss.

Yeah well not bad I suppose for a class that was scribbled on the back of a beer mat one night down the pub. But hey they changed the name so someone fetch me a tissue.

:drink:

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
The Scene - An office somewhere:
Act 1 - The Plot
Head: How can we stop these Albions leaving for the competition?
CustSup: Well clerics have been complaining ever since we nerfed smite.
Head: OK then make a cleric class that can actually heal and do damage.
Dev: That will need more spec points.
Head: No problem, as long as it keeps them in DAoC.
CustSup: Even talking about it will help to do that.

Act 2 - The Reaction, The Plot Thickens
CustSup: Yikes Hibs and Mids are going ballistic about the prospect of Albs have a cleric that can heal and kill
Head: Good publicity then
Dev: And it will take a while for them to get the class to level 50 with MLs, artifacts and crafted kit. And with this rushed timetable there are sure to be bugs.
CustSup: Yeah but when they do the Mids and Albs are going to be real unhappy
Head: Don't worry, when level 50s start to appear we will have to listen to our customers and nerf the class.
CustSup: But won't Albions be upset. Probably but we'll have a new expansion to talk about by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom