Anyone explain the logic with Underpop bonus to me?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Just seen they've updated the underpop bonuses again but I'll be damned if I can see how they work it out.

Camlann makes sense - since there's no realms :p
But I can't really see how it works in the others.

This is the total pop. on pry/exc cluster based on GOA's own data (and atm it's working too btw) - currently Hib get all the benefits. 2 day free level, 5% bonus in RvR, 50% upkeep, 105% camp bonus.

Albion 2226
Hibernia 1725
Midgard 1650

So as you can see, Albion have a lot more so fair enough they don't qualify, but Mid are in fact the underdogs here yet Hib get the bonus? Why? I thought it might be RvR based so I looked at the income for the last week or so and it shows the same story really - Mid bringing up the rear by a fair old margin..

Alb / 195, 036, 335rp
Hib / 168, 200, 398rp
Mid / 134, 475, 541rp

So how does it work? Because it seems to me like they just pick Hib out of habit now.

It's the same sorta thing on Glast tho population isn't as different - Mid and Alb are very close and to be fair Alb does earn more RP despite the server being massively dominated in RvR by Hibernia - its at a point where we can't even claim keeps too now because they cost too much BP :mad: We could really use the discount to help balance it out a bit but no one gets it /cry

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I know!

It's calculated based on the average height of each realm's characters. :)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Since Mids and Albs seem to like Irvr the most in Hib, Hibs are the 1's who are down 1 or more keep the most.
Keep possession is a factor that determines whether you get an underpop bonus, like actual population lwrp and other stuff. Judging by the bonuses Hib has had over the last 2 yrs it might be a substantial part of that equation.

Danita

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
So how does it work? Because it seems to me like they just pick Hib out of habit now.

It's the same sorta thing on Glast tho population isn't as different - Mid and Alb are very close and to be fair Alb does earn more RP despite the server being massively dominated in RvR by Hibernia - its at a point where we can't even claim keeps too now because they cost too much BP :mad: We could really use the discount to help balance it out a bit but no one gets it /cry

uh?

You really think GOA just use some sort of lottery for it? If you believe so, then you are quite silly.

Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet make less RP's, Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet albs have lived in our frontier for a week now, Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet it is albs that have 2 extra relics, from mids. Yes, Hibernia truly dominates RvR.. lol, biased bullcrap is what I call your statement.

One large reason that numbers look like they do for mids atm is that I think many mids decided it was time to play their albs and let someone else take back their own relics. Its a selfdestructive way of thinking ofc but it's easy at least.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
One large reason that numbers look like they do for mids atm is that I think many mids decided it was time to play their albs and let someone else take back their own relics. Its a selfdestructive way of thinking ofc but it's easy at least.

No, alot of players looked at the population bonus charts and saw GoA belives hibs needs more players.

So, instead of logging on their Mid character, they logged on their Hib.

Were they wrong in following GoA's advice?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
uh?

You really think GOA just use some sort of lottery for it? If you believe so, then you are quite silly.

Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet make less RP's, Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet albs have lived in our frontier for a week now, Hibernia dominates RvR, and yet it is albs that have 2 extra relics, from mids. Yes, Hibernia truly dominates RvR.. lol, biased bullcrap is what I call your statement.

It seems illogical that MIDGARD don't have it on cluster.

As for the Hibernia comment, I think you're misreading the locality of my point. That part of my post wasn't aimed at cluster - so I'll accept your rudeness as the unintentional mutterings of a madman and bear no umbrage this time.

Anyway, I truly want to know how it's worked out without that kind of comment thank you very much.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
RS|Phil said:

As for the Hibernia comment, I think you're misreading the locality of my point. That part of my post wasn't aimed at cluster - so I'll accept your rudeness as the unintentional mutterings of a madman and bear no umbrage this time.

:worthy:

:)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:

Anyway, I truly want to know how it's worked out without that kind of comment thank you very much.

sorry but if you go around saying hibernia dominates rvr when its quite clear that it isnt so, someone will say something and tbh, I wasnt particularly rude to you, I explained why I disagreed with your statement, if you speak of hibernia as a whole, on all clusters everywhere, then please say so, it is kinda hard to know what you mean unless you are more specific. What goes for the cluster we play on in EU is that albs are dominant, both numberwise and RPwise, mids are shafted atm since its so easy to skip realm when relics are gone but normally mids have a bit more online and make more RPs than hibs, WC, summer and whatnot seem to have turned cluster into shit but hopefully things will pick up after the summer. This fall we will see what the true state of the cluster is, its hard to say anything right now.

I think GOA should raise the timers to like 24 hours before one can choose to play alb if playing mid and vice versa etc. I wouldnt even mind a 72h timer just to avoid that people move with relics whenever they see fit, it disrupts the harmony on the cluster totally imo. Atm it hurts more than it benefits, as we clearly can see in mids case at this time whether its alb or hib the mids move to.

Your question is justified however, what is populationbonuses based on, Im curios to know myself but this question has been asked many times and we have never really gotten any real answer. Its always some fuzzy silkwrapped answer that doesnt say anything, from GOA that is.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Just seen they've updated the underpop bonuses again but I'll be damned if I can see how they work it out.

Camlann makes sense - since there's no realms :p
But I can't really see how it works in the others.

This is the total pop. on pry/exc cluster based on GOA's own data (and atm it's working too btw) - currently Hib get all the benefits. 2 day free level, 5% bonus in RvR, 50% upkeep, 105% camp bonus.

Albion 2226
Hibernia 1725
Midgard 1650

So as you can see, Albion have a lot more so fair enough they don't qualify, but Mid are in fact the underdogs here yet Hib get the bonus? Why? I thought it might be RvR based so I looked at the income for the last week or so and it shows the same story really - Mid bringing up the rear by a fair old margin..

Alb / 195, 036, 335rp
Hib / 168, 200, 398rp
Mid / 134, 475, 541rp

it's not just based on numbers of population. it's also based on keeps owned, relics owned, total realm rp gained for that period.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I realise that but even if you try factor that in, it still doesn't really add up.
There's also problems with doing that in some ways. For example, if you try work it out on RP earned - well, that could just mean that the realm in question has more operational gank groups going (as these earn more RP) and not actually be a proper representation of the server.

I guess that could be the problem right there ! The GMs don't actually play each realm for any length of time so all they've got to go on are dry stats - and they can be made to say anything. See above : mine overwhelming support my argument and whilst totally accurate and true, I'm sure someone could whip up some figures that prove otherwise. It's a shame there's no way to get a more "real" picture of the state of RvR :|

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
sorry but if you go around saying hibernia dominates rvr when its quite clear that it isnt so, someone will say something and tbh, I wasnt particularly rude to you, I explained why I disagreed with your statement, if you speak of hibernia as a whole, on all clusters everywhere, then please say so, it is kinda hard to know what you mean unless you are more specific.
He was specific :p
RS|Phil said:
It's the same sorta thing on Glast tho
Read the WHOLE post before replying and you wont look stoopid ;p
Come play alb on Glast ( <---- Look there, Being specific :p ) then... Then you'll clearly see that Hib Annihilates RvR with their numbers... Atleast they rape our fronteir on a regular basis... :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Mids should have it imo!

Hibs "used" to be so underpopulated, then they got vamps and shees and everyone loves baseline stun meighters!1

*cough*

Well thats all the old qq's out of the way about hib, maybe this game wouldnt be so dire if GOA changed stuff around once in a often, atm its all the same stuff that was happening 12 months ago

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:
it's not just based on numbers of population. it's also based on keeps owned, relics owned, total realm rp gained for that period.

if you go by that, mid had the least keeps, the least lwRP, least relics and lowest active chars in the past few weeks :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I think the major factor is the amount of whining. If you whine more, you become more populated.

It would explain why Mids never get the bonus :/

Corran

Part of the furniture
Cylian said:
if you go by that, mid had the least keeps, the least lwRP, least relics and lowest active chars in the past few weeks :p

oh sorry, keep forgetting to make and log in lots of lvl1 mids to just up the number of midgard active characters. My mistake. No wonder it looks wrong :p

Point of note, where you getting the figures from considering the XML is fucked and not working?

edit: Just for example.. LWRP for me apparently is 831'367rps ... considering I played for about 10 hours in the last TWO weeks, and about 3hours this week then it goes to show how screwed it is. Wish I was on about 83k/hr. Would mean I be RR9 in just 3hrs

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RandomDotCom said:

woot, mid getting underdog now then :)

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
woot, mid getting underdog now then :)

mids were underpopulated for a time, hibs had the 6 day freelevel neutral camp bonus etc. and mids had 2 (maybe 3 days) free level, 105-106% camp bonus, -50% to all hookpoint costs and 5% bonus to rp/bp.

but then mids suddenly got OP thanes and valks and everyone went back to being a mid

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:
mids were underpopulated for a time, hibs had the 6 day freelevel neutral camp bonus etc. and mids had 2 (maybe 3 days) free level, 105-106% camp bonus, -50% to all hookpoint costs and 5% bonus to rp/bp.

but then mids suddenly got OP thanes and valks and everyone went back to being a mid

mids never got the rp bonus when they were underpop, for that sjort, short time :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
If i remember rightly GOA never has balanced the bonuses based up on who made more rps who has higher realm ranks who had taken the most keeps last week. They always do the bonus based up on the NUMBER of active peeps on that realm.

If Albion and midgard are equal but hibernia is vastely overpopulated but albon and midgard both have enough active guilds and characters to hold keeps / towers and to rvr effectivly even though they are being ass raped by hibernia all the time due to hibernias numbers. Then there is no reason to give anyone the bonus.

If albion and midgards population was such that they couldnt even mount a realistic defence of a single keep and they lost every single tower and keep and couldnt reclaim. THEN they woudl gain the bonus.

Just because your realm is doing badly in rvr is no reason to get a pve / rvr bonus. Yes it makes it much harder for the lower population peeps to compete but if you have the numbers to compete but half of them choose never to go into rvr there is nothing goa can do to make them rvr.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:
If i remember rightly GOA never has balanced the bonuses based up on who made more rps who has higher realm ranks who had taken the most keeps last week. They always do the bonus based up on the NUMBER of active peeps on that realm.

its the number of active ppl in rvr afaik.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect when they look into the adjustments for the cost of keeps etc from bounty points, they also look at the bounty point pools available to the guilds in each realm.

Darzil

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
I suspect when they look into the adjustments for the cost of keeps etc from bounty points, they also look at the bounty point pools available to the guilds in each realm.

Darzil

That could be very misleading if a guild dies though.

Hauwyth

Fledgling Freddie
Instead of underpopulated bonus how about overpopulated penalty?

-20% magic damage & melee damage (since hib on glast always have relics this would even it out)
-20% xp gained
no free levels

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Hauwyth said:
Instead of underpopulated bonus how about overpopulated penalty?

-20% magic damage & melee damage (since hib on glast always have relics this would even it out)
-20% xp gained
no free levels
I've played one realm on the cluster since I started back in 2002. I don't hop realms because they have relic bonuses. Why should I get penalised for picking an icon 4 years ago just because it's fotm now?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
I've played one realm on the cluster since I started back in 2002. I don't hop realms because they have relic bonuses. Why should I get penalised for picking an icon 4 years ago just because it's fotm now?

Why should we? :p

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
RandomDotCom said:

Just want to go back to this for a moment as I've actually spoken to GOA about this now and they say that the underpopulation bonuses are based purely, 100%, on population. So Mids should have it on cluster according that logic.

What's the story there atm? I don't log into cluster often thesedays.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:

balance is everything in a game like this, with imbalance it isnt very fun and kills the mainincentive for the other realms to play the game leading to further imbalance leading to even more and more and more. Albs kill the fun for especially mids atm leading to less mids playing and also hibs. Constantly fighting against double numbers is tiresome and most are pretty bored with it, plain and simple. Why you should be penalized though, no idea, I dont agree with penalties for characters, id rather see that keeps should cost double or triple BP's to hold, and also siege should do half damage to prevent albs from holding high lvl keeps and have it harder to take enemykeeps. The numbers albs have are enough to defend and also play it offensively or any way they like. Would mean mids and also hibs have it easier to go on an offensive raid in albland. Last night showed clearly that it doesnt matter what we do, we took all hibs in NF and went albland and albs had no problems whatsoever to defend because it was twice as many albs. Tell me, why should we go albland then? :) One single good logical reason is enough tbh, just one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom