Anyone else who want to join me on Excalibur?

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Hello there!

Since I've been spending about 6 hours trying to work out how it would be possible to change the EU-client from deutsch to english while being in-game, quest-text etc and failed, because of this will I now be joining the Excalibur (dead)-realm instead. I just started a Mid Shaman and will be online tomorrow (starting from lvl2 :p), perhaps there is someone who would like to join me and level together? Who knows, others might join up and suddenly we are about 100 ppl online ;)

My nick ingame is: Darkxler

Feel free to contact me or do a /who since you probably will only see me online ^^

Afran

Part of the furniture
Honestly, don't bother. You'll regret it soon enough and wish you had rolled on American servers. Go ahead and roll Devon :)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but the problem is that I just bought the complete edition of DAoC which involves 74 free days of play :) I can't use those on the US servers so it kinda feels like throwing away the money hehe. But then again I got the game including all the expansions for a good price. If I convert the game from EU->US, can I still use the exp's: Labyrinth of the Minotaur and Darkness Rising?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah but the problem is that I just bought the complete edition of DAoC which involves 74 free days of play :) I can't use those on the US servers so it kinda feels like throwing away the money hehe. But then again I got the game including all the expansions for a good price. If I convert the game from EU->US, can I still use the exp's: Labyrinth of the Minotaur and Darkness Rising?

well u'd have to buy all the keys again to match the US servers.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Rather throw away money than time. Time is precious!

Everz

FH is my second home
no, i'd rather rip out my nuts and play tennis with them.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Na, I will continue to play on Excalibur since I probably will activate a european subscription of Warhammer Online and use the dual option for those who own DAoC and Warhammer Online. Unless there is anyone who know how to edit the EU Client language.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Na, I will continue to play on Excalibur since I probably will activate a european subscription of Warhammer Online and use the dual option for those who own DAoC and Warhammer Online. Unless there is anyone who know how to edit the EU Client language.

I havent even tried logging in to the English EU servers in a couple of months now but last time i checked there were around 12 players online primetime over the entire cluster. If you really wanna use the 74 days of play you have i still think the german servers are a better bet. It's not that bad really if you manage to find yourself an english guild with an english alliance on there and that shouldnt really be too hard seeing as alot of people from the Dyvet cluster played on the german servers atleast when i was active there. :)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
I havent even tried logging in to the English EU servers in a couple of months now but last time i checked there were around 12 players online primetime over the entire cluster. If you really wanna use the 74 days of play you have i still think the german servers are a better bet. It's not that bad really if you manage to find yourself an english guild with an english alliance on there and that shouldnt really be too hard seeing as alot of people from the Dyvet cluster played on the german servers atleast when i was active there. :)

Yeah, the only problem for me is that this is practicly the first time I play DAoC, won't count the 2-3 months of playtime 5 years ago, so I have no idea how to level and especially not when it's in Deutsch :D

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, the only problem for me is that this is practicly the first time I play DAoC, won't count the 2-3 months of playtime 5 years ago, so I have no idea how to level and especially not when it's in Deutsch :D
Try killing mobs =)

On a more serious note, maybe reroll to another char since shamans isnt the easiest char to level solo. I would probably roll a warlock/valk/bd if i wanted to solo on mid.

On an even more serious note, Get the US trial version and after that buy the expansions online (and download them as well). Its way way better on Devon cluster compared to EU excal/pryd.

Oh and a tip: Dont buy Warhammer. Its shit!

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know Amiga ;) I probably will change my class, especially since I just got a PM from a player who is thinking of re-activating his account and play Alb on Excalibur and asked if I would like to join him.

Hmm... I just feel so bad because I bought the complete edition of the game and I pretty much can't use it unless I learn deutsch. I think they should let the EU-clients play on the US, damn them!

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I'll join the US Devon-cluster instead since pretty much no one was interested of reviving the EU-servers, perhaps it's an impossible task ;)

Which realm do you think I should join? It would be awesome to play with lots of other Europeans duo to the time-differences.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I'll join the US Devon-cluster instead since pretty much no one was interested of reviving the EU-servers, perhaps it's an impossible task ;)

Which realm do you think I should join? It would be awesome to play with lots of other Europeans duo to the time-differences.

there are alot of EU players on all 3 realms on devon, u shouldnt have much problem finding ppl to talk to.

As a first char i guess a BG tank is the easiest role to fill for a new player. Sure there are levels to a BGer but even if u play rather poor its not as big a screw up as if u do the same "poor" job as a main healer etc

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
What is a BG tank? I am currently thinking of playing on the Midgard server as a Shaman :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
for every day you play on excal, your wasting time which could be spent on the usa servers.

Devon cluster on usa (primetime) is getting close to 3k. Excal and Pryd gets about 10 ppl

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
for every day you play on excal, your wasting time which could be spent on the usa servers.

Devon cluster on usa (primetime) is getting close to 3k. Excal and Pryd gets about 10 ppl

Yeah, I am currently patching my US client so I will start a Mid character there with the name: Darkzler, feel free to msg me if you just want to chat, play or whatever :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah, I am currently patching my US client so I will start a Mid character there with the name: Darkzler, feel free to msg me if you just want to chat, play or whatever :)

Hehe unfortunately i'm on Alb. But good luck with Mid. I think a few people on this forum are on Mid so maybe they can guild you :p

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe unfortunately i'm on Alb. But good luck with Mid. I think a few people on this forum are on Mid so maybe they can guild you :p

Hehe, perhaps we will meet when I ding lvl50 in a year or so ;)

Yeah, other Mid players, please contact me if you want to play or just chat etc!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
ah im glad the smart people on this forum managed to persuade you not to do EU daoc i went to play my chars on german servers 1-2 weeks ago but the pry/exc servers had 0 on them except from a few times when the odd warhammer player tried it or someone english was checking their temp stats and them going back to germ cluster... ill be starting again on Devon alb and lvling from 0-50 on wednesday if you want to join me your more than welcome :)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
You gotta laugh at GOA, they just don't get it and seem to be carrying on as though the game is still active.

Looking at the latest Friday post they have updated the population bonuses and Albion on Dyvet is so over populated that you only get a free level every 7 days and a camp bonus of 61% unlike the under populated realm of Hibernia with it's 2 day free level and 115% camp bonus.

A quick check of the Roll Of Honour reveals that there are 26 active characters on Albion.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i more amazed that the stats work then with the lack of GOA seeing whats happening on Dyvet

2983 population on Devon last sunday during EU primetime

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
The good part about Devon cluster is that its active 24/7 right now due to the Euro/US population. For the first time in DaoC history the war axe is buried and we play alongside. TO KEEP IT ALIVE! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom