Anyone else having LD problems tonight? NTL cable...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I've been getting red lag happening a few times tonight and gone LD twice, and going LD is very rare for me. I'm on NTL 750K cable, is anyone else getting this shit?

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, NTL 512kb cable here.. Guess we found the common culprit.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
The NTL 512k doesn't exist anymore? :S Thats what I had aaaaages ago but it was upgraded to 600k and then 750k for free :p

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
Ntl here also and no problems but mt irl m8 has ntl also and has had v bad lagg all night

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, NTL Cable here and was having some very bizzare lag spikes and LD'd a couple of times earlier... a reboot seemed to fix everything, though.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
yes, while I was running an ML1 raid too...we lost a decent ring too as a result :/

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
LD'd 4 fucking times tonight, getting really sick of this now.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
FFS SEVEN fucking LDs in the last hour WTF is going on?

:twak: NTL or Opentransit or whoever the fuck is doing this

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Well it was 512, now you say it i do think it was upgraded. I just stopped playing, was being a liability.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Several LD's here as well and huge lag, on Telewest 1mb, never have problems...so must be summit their end.

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
2 of us here on a lan, had about 5 ld`s, seems every weekend same shit :(

Groag

Loyal Freddie
I had 3 days of going LD every 20 mins or so last week. Turning the Cable modem off (at the wall, not the button on the front) and rebooting it seems to have cured it for me.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Bingo, I'm having exactly the same trouble. Also on NTL 750K. Very rare to have problems... I guess something may have blown up at NTL or they're doing something major... just a bitch when it happens near the end of an ml raid 2 nights in a row :touch:

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Broadband customers in the Southampton area may currently be experiencing a degraded service such as slow browsing or intermittent access to email. In some cases service may also be lost completely. Our engineers are working to resolve the issues as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any incovnenience this may cause.

This appeared very early saturday morning on the ntl website, must be some serious problem on there sevrers cos althouygh it was posted saturday morning its dated may lol

edit: also going thru their back issues it seems southmpton have a really sucky cable system cos theyre forever getting emergancy repairs and last minute upgrades hehe

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
ah i had this other night, was also my frist night on daoc after getting ntl in new house - i was quite worried but havnt had it since

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Same for me both Saturday and Sunday, lag spikes and the odd LD, 2 second delays in TOA and housing last night while doing BOS, but then ported to old realm and got the same.

Rebooted box and 10 mins later same again.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Not that it help really, but when I ld and I want to know what's wrong, I just run pingplotter. It traces the traffic from your pc to the server and shows you what's wrong (usually opentransit in my case).

http://www.pingplotter.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom