Anyone else having LD problems, not connection related? - bug in euro ToA?

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a few machines connecting to the net via my router, they all work fine in US ToA and they all work fine in euro ToA except for my main machine.

My main machine keeps LD'ing every 5secs - 5mins in the euro version of ToA. Other machines on the network are fine so it can't be a net connection issue (have run pingplotter just in case and no high PL or spikes or anything). The machine also works fine with the US copy of ToA and has done since release so I can't see it being a drivers issue either. I've even tried copying my US settings over to the euro version to ensure it wasn't a settings issue.

I'm short on things to try now. I will say however that I've had other weird networking issues related to euro ToA, I couldn't even connect to the patcher whilst my machine was on 192.168.0.8 internally, so I switched to a different IP (192.168.0.3) and it worked fine. There's absolutely no settings on my router that are set to be a problem and even if there was it seems odd that US ToA would work fine. Could this have been a NAT related issue with a router at either my ISP or GOA causing problems? The patcher did actually connect but when it got to checking for updated files it hung indefinetely every time - even left it over night a couple of times to check it wasn't just overloaded. I tried bypassing the patcher with a copy of euro ToA updated from another machine and I connected but had the LD problems still as above. So to sum up, changing my internal IP let me patch okay but still left me with LD problems in the euro version of ToA only.

To see if these problems were related I even switched my main machines IP to be the same as one that did work and disabled the one that worked. I didn't have the second problem in the above paragraph but still had the main problem in the second paragraph.

It all seems very odd and as someone who's been using PCs for 11 years now doesn't even seem to make a lot of sense as surely GOA aren't even touching anything to do with the DAoC application's internals.

Hope someone can come up with something I've missed or at least state whether they've had similar issues as I'm totally out of ideas to try now.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
I have also noticed lot of LDs and kick outs due to "an error has occured" since ToA release ... most of em late evenings. I dont loose my connection to the rest of the internet when it happens.

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Zlugugg Benvis said:
I have also noticed lot of LDs and kick outs due to "an error has occured" since ToA release ... most of em late evenings. I dont loose my connection to the rest of the internet when it happens.

same here.

Morlantis

Fledgling Freddie
Once had a problem with my main machine with the classic client would LD everytime i enterd camelot....after about 10 hours of reinstalling and messing around i took my network card out of my second machine and put it in my main...disabled the onboard lan on the main machine and it worked.

Changing the network cards might seem like a longshot but it worked for me :)

Oh i was using a router too.

legis

Fledgling Freddie
Can't comment on that specific problem, but there are conenction problems since ToA, OR the update happening for ToA release. Huge lag problems, that seem to affect everybody, at leat in the group, and also poor performance. The graphics not being smooth, more choppy. Also 5 seconds "freezes" happening once in a while.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Think I'm gonna try a new network card tonight, seems very unlikely but hey I'm down to last resorts now ;)

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
now that my fps lag is fixed then the connection lag nerfs the whole playability of this game, tbh i bet GOA forgot that their SI servers might needed an upgrade for TOA ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom