Anyone else hate genre overcrowding etc?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "it's not rock, it's indy-bibblyboo!" or "It's not death metal, it's kittenslicing churchburning emotional orchestra music!". It just seems that every little difference in every little thing has to be lockered(finnish term i think*).

It's on everything though, "I'm not muslim, i'm judiedudie dii" or "I'm not an atheist, i'm a protago federal mysoganist!".

Hoesntly, next time i hear "It's not... it's...." i think i'll actually have the urge to slap someone.

*Lockering - to put in certain locker.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Tbh, over small things, I agree with you. However, when some dickhead points at your pink floyd t-shirt and calls you an emo, that's gotta be a call for mocking them...

Besides, correcting stupid people is a great pasttime...why would you want to give it up? :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tbh, over small things, I agree with you. However, when some dickhead points at your pink floyd t-shirt and calls you an emo, that's gotta be a call for mocking them...

Besides, correcting stupid people is a great pasttime...why would you want to give it up? :D

Well emo is another fine point of lockering, stupid as is, calling people something just because they like something.

It's not really correcting stupid people, when you make up a genre for everything you fart out.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I know what you mean dude. I always have to point out to most women i'm not a 'Cunning Lunguist', but that problem can only be cured with a dictionary.

Yeah, these days its all about being unique and individual, even though your doing the same shit as everyone else. I'm thinking of using that argument against them though. "I'm not saying this band are contemporary and edgy, using light opera and death metal in a strange and unique mix. I'm saying their shit, and they have the musical uniqueness of a violent bowel movement".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom