Anyone else find think this ...

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been taking it easy but ive i had a nice drop ( lvl 22 sword)

I finally managed to put it on and it has the same skin as the lvl 2 sword.

everything seems to look the same no matter what lvl.
When you lvl i feel a big part of it is getting new items that look nice and it gives a fresh feel abotu the game and a feel good factor when your chcacter looks better.

But im not feeling it, although i love the game just i feel the programming skin wise has been wanting

Anyone else feel this way ?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Yeah everything seems to look the same (atleast all the axes I've got).

I guess it wasn't their biggest priority to get "fixed" in the release.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah everything seems to look the same (atleast all the axes I've got).

I guess it wasn't their biggest priority to get "fixed" in the release.

yeah i guess they did have other things to fix . but the question is...

Would you have waited 1 more month for release if they were to make the skins better and a few more things smoothed out . I think i would have done but i guess it will be something e can all look forward to although im getting old now so i dont think ill be making many characters in this game . i cant handle it :) i fall to sleep to easy .

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Would you have waited 1 more month for release if they were to make the skins better and a few more things smoothed out.

Maybe, but it's not due to the skins (CTD).

Anyway I think it's great that you can dye stuff everywhere and cheap. This has gotten me to ignore the lack of different skins (shame about the weapons though).

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
having played to 40 in closed beta i can say there are a LOT of different weapon skins.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
I think i would have done but i guess it will be something e can all look forward to although im getting old now . i cant handle it :) i fall to sleep to easy .

wth, your like 23 years and already "feeling old" !! :p

Anyway is your brother also playing?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Weapons looked the same in daoc for a long time as well - I suspect they'll change stuff like this in some of the upcoming patches depending on how many bug fixes they must make.

Not too concerned about it - it is rare that I notice the details on the swords and axes bashing my little wizard over the head. :D

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm 24 and noticing a lot of new skins appearing. My WHs pistol has a little bayonet on it atm, was duel wielding a few lvls earlier and got a nice new rapier. Seen some chosen with awesome looking armour and cool glowy sowrds. SMs also have some great shields and armour.

Past lvl 18 or so things change more frequently as the lvls slow down.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
wth, your like 23 years and already "feeling old" !! :p

Anyway is your brother also playing?

i wish i was 23 . im 40 in march and my brother is 56 so he wont be playing :)

But my son will be i think

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Does it really matter that low rank gear doesn't have many skins? You should be going through different weapons/armour every few levels.

I'd be disappointed if high end gear looks the same, but I'm not too bothered about low levels.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be disappointed if high end gear looks the same, but I'm not too bothered about low levels.

I dont know, I am level 21 and my gear (being a mix of blue influence and green RVR items) has looked the same since I started getting it. Same staff, same helm, same robe. I redye my clothes about twice a day just to feel like I am looking new.

21, above people are saying it doesnt pick up til the 20's, thats *halfway* to the max level. Bit late for variation to start picking up. Far too late. Granted at level 10ish you are getting shoulders and helms to flesh out your char, but so far for me they have all been identical! Really, getting tired of the trident helm on my sorc now.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I dont know, I am level 21 and my gear (being a mix of blue influence and green RVR items) has looked the same since I started getting it. Same staff, same helm, same robe. I redye my clothes about twice a day just to feel like I am looking new.

21, above people are saying it doesnt pick up til the 20's, thats *halfway* to the max level. Bit late for variation to start picking up. Far too late. Granted at level 10ish you are getting shoulders and helms to flesh out your char, but so far for me they have all been identical! Really, getting tired of the trident helm on my sorc now.

I'm in the 20s and since start of the game there has been a few skins for helms/weapons. Not a lot but a few.

Even still at this stage, I have a weapon for maybe half a day so the artwork doesn't really matter, End-game there are an awful lot of different skins.

Also, 20 may be half of 40 numerically, but in terms of time invested 20 is less than half way to 40. 20-40 the xp really slows down.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
playing as a dark elf soceress I'm only up to about rank 6 on it and I have only had 2 staff's that looked the same all the others have been differant. but chances are they will put more work into higher rank items as they will be used for longer.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
Being a black orc, i actually like that my sword or whatever looks crap. it give the feel like iv'e actually looted ot from some stuntie skull rarther than gone to war-mart and purchased the latest nerf weapon.

drachena

Fledgling Freddie
I've a level 17 shaman and have come across 3 different staff skins so far so no compaining from me on that front

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
from lv 1 to 5 i wore an armor.. lv 5 to 12 a set and now im wearing a 3rd set which i guess will be on me until 21-22 when i get the tier 3 armor... for each tier there is a single armor look until high levels I assume

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
How long have you DAoC folks been running around wielding this silly ?-shaped staff during the early days of the game? The first sparkling staffs and swords were introduced *really* late.

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
I've a level 17 shaman and have come across 3 different staff skins so far so no compaining from me on that front
I'm 13, and up to now, every staff alternated between the one tiny skull on the top, and the two tiny skulls on the top. The latest one is a kind of three pronged thing, which actually a mini rams skull or something, with horns.
Every other shaman I see seems to have this staff with a crescent moon on the top.

So that's four I've seen, for shaman :)

Two levels ago, it was 2 though.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Who is for the nerf stick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

Well as it says on the tin..

Whats classes do you think are for the nerf stick 1st.

What ive seen so far its not too bad but Shadow warriors are annoying maybe they will be the scouts of warhammer and get a fumble loving

Warhammer "Frosty" Dicsiple of Khaine lvl 22
Guild "Four One Four

Guess what, some guy got a new sword which looked far better than his mate's did with its shining blade inscribed with rune's and a glowing particle effect leaving smoke effects as he swished it around....and he said "Ha my swords better than yours" so his m8 complains to mythic Nerf that sword its better than mine....

reason why i bothered to right this crap?

STOP FKING MOANING ABOUT THE FKING GAME, ALMOST ALL OF YOUR POSTS ARE MOANING ABOUT SOMETHING OR OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post something positive for a change please :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom