Anyone care to enlighten me?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
I have recently respeced to a hybrid spec, 35 crush 50 pole.
I went to one of the chaps in Oceanus to hand in my <Battler> and scrolls as i wanted the crush version.
I was given the option of <Slash or Crush>.
I chose <Crush> and then it gave me the option of going <1hand or 2hand>.
I chose 2hand and it gave me a 2hand sword.
I was abit annoyed as i was told you could have it as a polearm, so i had a chat with my guildies and they told me to just respec it to 1hand crush.
I went to respec it and then he gave me the option of <Polearm> also. ?
I chose Polearm and it immediately gave me a <Slash Polearm> ?

Now there was no choice for a Crush polearm and yet you can get a 1h crush weapon or a 2h crush weapon. ?

Is this a bug as seems weird that you can get Battler in crush and slash 1handers, crush and slash 2handers but only slash polearms?

Regards...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
more to the point, why would you want to use battler as your main weapon? all its good for is to have in your right hand slot for the /use2.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
Is this a bug as seems weird that you can get Battler in crush and slash 1handers, crush and slash 2handers but only slash polearms?

Correct: Battler and Malice, can only be activated as slash version for polearm.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
Correct: Battler and Malice, can only be activated as slash version for polearm.

Yes but why? whats the reason behind it only being a slash pole?
Seems very silly to me as you can have 1h and 2h in both!

Another thing... when it gave me the pole option, i chose it and i then equiped it to my supprise, it was a 2h sword but it said polearm on it!?
They obviously never changed the graphics on it from 2h to pole! ?

Something is definately wrong here.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
Yes but why? whats the reason behind it only being a slash pole?
Seems very silly to me as you can have 1h and 2h in both!

Another thing... when it gave me the pole option, i chose it and i then equiped it to my supprise, it was a 2h sword but it said polearm on it!?
They obviously never changed the graphics on it from 2h to pole! ?

Something is definately wrong here.
Artifact weapons have the same graphics no matter what type they are, only difference is that the 1h weapons are smaller than the 2h weapons.

If we start speculating the reason why, it is probably that the graphic developers at Mythic have problems making hammers. Just like in the viking age, the favourite weapon of a viking was the hammer, because that's the weapon of Thor, but axes were a lot more effective so that's what they really used. Swords were mostly used for duelling competitions and for show, and they had a lot of time-outs bending their blades back in position.

The reason why they normally didn't use hammers is (according to the blacksmiths), that Loki always sabotaged their work, so that the handle always got too short. Something disturbing would always happen, like an annoying insect irritating so much that a piece of the handle would be chopped off by accident. They claimed Loki had cast a spell on the blacksmiths so that the handle would become too short no matter what they did to prevent it, so it could only be used as a tool instead of a weapon.

Maybe the graphic developers at Mythic are 'the blacksmiths of today' (descendants of blacksmiths) and that the spell still has affect, making them unable to make hammers. Somehow it's probably affecting polearms aswell for some reason, and especially the crush polearm.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
Artifact weapons have the same graphics no matter what type they are, only difference is that the 1h weapons are smaller than the 2h weapons.

If we start speculating the reason why, it is probably that the graphic developers at Mythic have problems making hammers. Just like in the viking age, the favourite weapon of a viking was the hammer, because that's the weapon of Thor, but axes were a lot more effective so that's what they really used. Swords were mostly used for duelling competitions and for show, and they had a lot of time-outs bending their blades back in position.

The reason why they normally didn't use hammers is (according to the blacksmiths), that Loki always sabotaged their work, so that the handle always got too short. Something disturbing would always happen, like an annoying insect irritating so much that a piece of the handle would be chopped off by accident. They claimed Loki had cast a spell on the blacksmiths so that the handle would become too short no matter what they did to prevent it, so it could only be used as a tool instead of a weapon.

Maybe the graphic developers at Mythic are 'the blacksmiths of today' (descendants of blacksmiths) and that the spell still has affect, making them unable to make hammers. Somehow it's probably affecting polearms aswell for some reason, and especially the crush polearm.

Or they couldn't be arsed? :m00:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dr_Evil said:

The developers at mythic are descendants of mids? hmmm... makes sense! explains warlocks anyway....:m00:

<disclaimer: this is not a warlock whine, it is a JOKE!! J O K E !!! JULIET OSCAR KILO ECHO!!!1 JAY AY KAY EEE 1!11 NOT A WHINE! JOKE1!11>

:D

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
The developers at mythic are descendants of mids? hmmm... makes sense! explains warlocks anyway....:m00:

<disclaimer: this is not a warlock whine, it is a JOKE!! J O K E !!! JULIET OSCAR KILO ECHO!!!1 JAY AY KAY EEE 1!11 NOT A WHINE! JOKE1!11>

:D

funneh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom