Anyone actually play this game??

D

Damini

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm trying it out, thinking its ok but that I totally suck and am completely oblivious (same old story as every game I play). Anyone gonna fess up to playing too?

F

fatgit

heh I've been known to quit daoc for sleep now & then :p

L

Louster

I SAW WPKENNY BY FORT ATLA AND THEN HE TOLD ME YOU WERE PLAYING AND THEN I QUIT.

My name is Blinky.

S

]SK[

Doesnt look bad, alothough this is the first I have heard of it.

H

Hot Soup

i know a few peepswho like it. all uk players.
I didnt hear bout this till too late so i missed out on the beta :{
and i r skint so i aint gonna pay :F

S

Son

First 6 weeks are going to be free and games only 20 quid. After that its £30 for 6 months so all in all its not too pricey. I been playing since closed beta and I must say its fun.

T

Trebz

I played on the US version for a few weeks but got a little bored, it wasn't the games fault. The game needs you to group to play it properly and being in a timezone some 9hrs behind most players on the US server it was very hard to actually get any good grouping going. I haven't been playing on the UK beta but i've got my pre-order all sorted and hope to see a few of you all in the game on friday night.

A

Athan

Free Weeks

Originally posted by Son
First 6 weeks are going to be free and games only 20 quid. After that its £30 for 6 months so all in all its not too pricey. I been playing since closed beta and I must say its fun.

Not entirely true about 6 weeks free.

The deal is that, due to the delayed UK servers launch, they're making 15th Feb -> 1st March free, and only on 2nd March will the free 4 weeks you get with buying the game start. So, if you don't even start playing until 2nd March you'll only get 4 free weeks. If you start tomorrow you get 5 free weeks, if you start on 22nd Feb you get 5 free weeks.

And, yes, it's £6/month to play after that (i.e. from start of April). As I understand it credit cards and switch/solo will initially be acceptable, plus a few others options like direct bank transfers in SOME countries (Germany has been mentioned).

With Switch/Solo being acceptable I can't see anyone in the UK having a problem paying.

-Ath

S

Starman

Visa Electron users :\

/me phones bank for a connect card

O

old.Zufad^DaFuzz

Played the US version upto level 47 ( / 50 ), I like. Moving to euro Cause all the big "PvP" action happened from 2am onwards and the last 10 levels are horrid without a regular group.

O

old.Stripes

Same, I had a couple of 40+ characters on a US server but it was turning me into a zombie trying to stay up for the big raids.

I turned nocturnal for few days, staying up all night, going to lectures then sleeping through the day. After that I figured it was time to quit :)

Looking forward to restarting and playing at sensible times. I feel sorry for Euro's who gave up waiting and only just started on the US servers. They're gonna have to level up and level up into the high level PvP game to realise that they are missing all of the relic raids. Skirmishing is ok, but it's the huge 200+ ppl per side battles that really bring this game into its own.

I'm really impressed with how dedicated to the future of the game Mythic is. Since I started playing in November the game has changed hugely to make it more playable in the long run. Sure, people whine about the nerfs, but everyone expected them. It's fairly obvious when something is overpowered and if someone can't play without that one thing, then the game is probably better off without them.

The UK release is a little behind on the patches but I'm not worried about that. Most of the class changes only really stand out in RvR, except perhaps the recent archer ones, and the RvR won't get going properly for a good few weeks after release. Just remember to farm dungeons as much as possible, because one of the patches decreased the drop rate quite dramatically.

Guild houses are one thing that I'm really looking forward to. That was something that EQ never delivered, so I can't wait to see Mythic's implementation of it. I see big things in the future of this game, it's like TFC with tons more depth, and so many more possiblities.

Just got to talk the other UK twats on Percival into restarting with me lol

S

Son

Being a little picky there Athan ;)

OK I should have said 6 weeks free if you start playing Fri 15th Feb. :D

A

Alrindel

I find it somewhat relaxing to play for a few minutes before bedtime, once or twice a month.

L

-Lonewolf-

Is it just me or am is anyone else TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!

D

Damini

Its alive!! Back from the dead!!

This was one of the first posts ever made in this forum, way back when... Aww.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Damini

Time to renew your subscription then. :D

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by Damini

<grins> ain't I TEH EVUL!!!!!1! ?

:D

I did the same thing on the realm boards from prydwen, some even got serious replies... :rolleyes: (Solid's trade post *hint hint*)

O

old.Xarr

This can almost qualify as time travel or something :)

C

Cadire

I can well remember BoB's first outing. All 8 of us got ganked good and proper by the Tomtes. Damini swishing her natty blue cloak about didn't frighten them at all :)

D

Damini

Yeah, but I looked fantastic , and thats the main thing.

D

Damini

I take my time, but I've finally worked out that I'm confused. Are you a dual BW account BoBer Cadire?

F

Flimgoblin

Here I thought it was a sarky post about people spending too long on the forums ;)

then I noticed the posting date...

D

Damini

A-hah Cadire. I've worked out who you are now. I feel much better now.

I miss my spiderwoman outfit :( That was the best DAoC outfit ever.

C

Cadire

Tis I, SoWat :)

(just to save any further confusion :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom