anybody?

D

DeaD GuRu

where can i find the info on autotraining?

could anybody help me out?

as thus far i have seen:

paladin : autotrain slash and chant
necro: no autotrain

O

old.Ramas

Armsman : Thrust

Infiltrator : Stealth

Minstrel : Instruments?

Scout : Bow

All 1.0x classes : Nothing

Reaver : Flex Weapons

Merc : Not a clue - Dual Wield?

-----------------

Only ones of practical value are infiltrators, armsmen, and reavers.

T

Tilda

state a class i can tell you what it auto's in

if you auto trian from 0 to 48, (ie putting no points in) u get 77 (i think) points hey are stuck in this line, but means that u can spend 77 non-stuck points in a different line.

Tilda

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Armsman : Thrust

Infiltrator : Stealth

Minstrel : Instruments?

Scout : Bow

All 1.0x classes : Nothing

Reaver : Flex Weapons

Merc : Not a clue - Dual Wield?

-----------------

Only ones of practical value are infiltrators, armsmen, and reavers.

Think you'll find armsman auto train slash and thrust, im thrust and my slash was auto'd to level 12.

P

pilia

Armsman= Slash&thrust
Paladin= Slash& chants
Scout = Bow
Infiltrator= Stealth
Reaver= Flexible Weapons
Mercenary=Slash & thrust
Minstrel= Instruments

Thats all as far as i know anyway,but what do i know ..

H

Hit ^_^

i heard that if you spec slash as a reavers your auto train in flex stops. so you need to spec thust/crush then respec.
not sure if this is true tho as it sounds a bit wierd.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by pilia
Armsman= Slash&thrust
Paladin= Slash& chants
Scout = Bow
Infiltrator= Stealth
Reaver= Flexible Weapons
Mercenary=Slash & thrust
Minstrel= Instruments

Thats all as far as i know anyway,but what do i know ..

Ironheart was busy PLing his pally in Barrows and he said that he hadn't trained at all at lvl 20 or something and his paladin had 4 slash 4 chants AND 4 shield ^_^

P

Pin

Reavers auto Slash and Flex (hence if you want extra points, spec Crush or Thrust to 20/40)

H

hanne

quote: Hit

quote: Pin
Reavers auto Slash and Flex (hence if you want extra points, spec Crush or Thrust to 20/40)

I have been told by some wice ppl, that if I respec I lose what I have autotrained?
I know that the lvl 20 & 40 respec is 4 singleline, and does not affect the autotrained the way you 2 are doing it. But would like 2 know what the rules are on that part?

W

wichtel

If you respec at 20/40 out of an autotrain line into a non-autotrain line, you lose skillpoints. From an non-autotrain line into autotrain line you gain skillpoints.
It can be up 14/54(?) points due the respec, max from autotrain per single line is 77.

From autotrain to autotrain or from non to non, there is nothing special.

W.

P

Pin

Originally posted by hanne
I have been told by some wice ppl, that if I respec I lose what I have autotrained?
I know that the lvl 20 & 40 respec is 4 singleline, and does not affect the autotrained the way you 2 are doing it. But would like 2 know what the rules are on that part?

Auto-training:

For certain classes, the game will keep 'an essential line' above a minimum level (level/4) in order to stop you completely gimping your character. e.g. an Armsman would be gimped if he didn't train some kind of weapon skill, therefore the game will auto-train slash and thrust for him. These are trained without spending any spec points, so effectively you gain some free spec points.

If you then leave one of your chosen lines untrained all the way to level 48, you will have received 77 free points.

The problem with this is that you won't be very effective until level 48 because, for example, your armsman will have very low damage output.

Now, with respecs you can spend the first 20/40 levels with your chosen line autotraining and spec a different line for that time and therefore still have reasonable damage output. Then at level 20/40, respec out of your trained line and into your chosen, untrained line (or hold the points all the way to 48 if you like).

Rules for respeccing and autotraining;

When you respec, a skill line is reduced to it's minimum level, which is either 1 skill, or (level/4) if the line is an autotraining line. Points are returned to you for all your trains above these minimums.

e.g.
1) A level 40 armsman who has trained to 40 crush respecs out of crush, the skill will be reduced to 1 and he will get back 819 points.
2) A level 40 armsman who has trained to 40 slash respecs out of slash, the skill will be reduced to 10 and he will get back 765 points.

If the first armsman then trains into slash he will be adding 819 points back on to the 10 base autotrained skill and will have made a profit of 54 spec points.
If the second armsman trains into crush he will be adding 765 points back on to the 1 base non-autotrained skill and will have made a loss of 54 spec points.
If the second armsman trains into thrust he will be adding 765 points back on to the 10 base autotrained skill and will have made no profit or loss.

Thus you can either gain, lose or just break even from respeccing and autotraining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom