Anybody planning on buying an X-Box soon?

T

truegamers

Live is gonna start kicking into full gear with the release of several online sports titles, Midtown Madness, Brute Force, Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Next year, we have Fable, BC, and Halo 2 (two of which are sure contenders, if not the ONLY contenders for GOTY 2004).

Anybody who doesn't have an X-Box considering picking one up in the next year approx?

-------------------------------------------------
Top & Best GameSites / add your sites and vote the best

O

Ono

Originally posted by truegamers
Next year, we have Fable, BC, and Halo 2 (two of which are sure contenders, if not the ONLY contenders for GOTY 2004).

What the fuck are you on about?

"ONLY contenders for GOTY 2004"? We haven't even reached 2004 yet and you are already making generalised fanboy sweeping statements like that!?

Also, FYI (having actually played them):

Brute Force is shit.

Wolfenstein is very poor and done much better on PC (which was crap after a while) and;

Midtown Madness 3 arrived in the post this morning so I'll let you know.

L

lovedaddy

Midtown 3 is poor, had it about a week now.

N

nath

I quite like brute force, it's a bit of a laff.

P

plightstar

Theres very mixed feelings about Brute Force, I played it in Game the other day and I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't buy it.

Its like Battle Engine Aquila I found it in the Bargin bin in Game, took it home I was very wary about it as I disliked the demo, but I bought casue it was cheap and I love it.

P

plightstar

Bought Brute Force in the end afterall it is very good.

O

Ono

I stand by my original decision.

Brute Force is shit.

Y

Yaka

agree with brute force being shit.

MM3 is preety good with live.

B

bigsir

I bought Brute Force under the impression that it might be fun, what a mistake that was.

No freedom.
Weapons are extremely boring.
Using any form of tactics barely makes a difference.
Completely uninvolving storyline.

Run.Shoot.Run.Shoot.Run.Checkpoint.Run.Shoot.ARGHMYHEADISGOINGTOEXPLODEWITHTHEBLANDNESSOFITALL.

I'm currently playing it through in the vain hope that it gets better at some point, unfortunately I think that I'm on the last level. Unless they've crammed 10 hours of gameplay into the last 20 minutes it's a major dissapointment.

Users who are viewing this thread