Anybody else noticed????

G

glorien_

Is it just me or does it seem loads of people are qutting? On these albion forums it seems its just spammed with people quitting.

I'm sure there are good reasons for all the quiting but what really is so different in daoc ?? Planetside seems to be one reason for quitting and also SWG but alot of people just say they're bored with it.

I just wanna hear some opinions on this whole subject of quitting - soon we're be smaller than prydwen :p

M

Mollie

most people just get bored of alb , SWG tbh aint that great , played it for little bit then got bored and the massive patchs are stupid if you have a slower connection

P

pez

You could easily be depressed by the number quitting but roll a new char and grp and you may be pleasantly suprised to find alot of new players, some new to alb/excal and some new to DAoC altogethor. I don't think its dying out i just think a new generation is taking over.

H

Hit ^_^

we did fine 1year ago whit far less ppl the we have now..

Y

-yoda-

i think a lot of folks are quitting cos they have played the game for so long they have either reliased there are more important things in life than a cpu game , or they are just generally bored of the same thing everyday , zergs in emain , hitting same mobs over n over , can anybody say the fun factor in the game has changed any in the last 6 months or so ?

dont get me wrong i still love and enjoy playing this game but some people dont .

as for those saying hope more people leave , in some ways i agree in some i dont . cos most the people quitting doac are the old schoolers who have been around since the start , and will make albion weaker in there abscense .. also i think some/few/many of the peeps who do.have quit will be back after some sort of time away from the game,,

they say they quit then take time away , log on forums or herald
and see some changes/fixes/aditions and think wow that souds cool ill have a QUICK look what its like, they will then logon chat to all there good old friend an then end up being back ful time again cos they cant leave :p

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Bellona
DAoC -> :fluffle: <- Me

it makes me happy :D

hehehe Bel ...

erhm .. I think it's because of the summer that peeps quit, to take breaks and whatever ...

P

Powahhh

well
daoc hasn't a reward system like UO for example
means that if you lay the game 1 year or 1 month doesn't make any difference
mythic should give motives to old players to keep playing....they SHOULD
so after 1 year you get bored killing same stupid things (either zergs on rvr or low AI mobs in the realm)
anyway
it is also summertime everyone needs a break :)

A

Aule Valar

daoc > me :( i can't quit
planetside is my only hope for extrication and i can't play that at uni

and with the huuuge zergs in emain all the time it would hardly be a bad thing if some people did quit

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by Bellona
DAoC -> :fluffle: <- Me

it makes me happy :D

at least we r addicted to a game and not drugs, good work ppl

D

dunny_dunny

"at least we r addicted to a game and not drugs, good work ppl"

Hehehehe, the man has a point.

D

dakeyras

Some players are leaving but the general population curve is upwards.

One aspect of this that makes me smile is the automatic assumption that the 'best' players all started at release. Hmm...there were loads of tossers at release. Just cause someone bought the game Feb 02 doesn't mean they are uber. Some of the best players this game will see probably haven't even heard of it yet.

B

bracken_woodman

There have always been people quitting, and by and large the reasons given are generally the same now as they were 6 months in. Some come back, some don't. I don't think it's much different now from 6 months ago really. With some of the changes coming in (particularly housing) I think a number of those who leave now will return - particularly when they see that the hype that surrounds some of the NextBigThing games doesn't match the reality.

L

leorin

Heh just read an survey from a swedish computer magazine or something. And DAOC SI pack was like the 2nd bestselling game in sweden right now. So i aint afraid that i be alone here.

P

pez

I seem to remember reading that in the same quarter The Sims Online came out in the US SI came out too and SI out-soled it. Admittedly we're not in the US but i think its a fairly good indicator

C

~Clarky~

dunno about anyone else , but i find albion a bore, :x wish i didnt as i have many friends whom play the game .. but nvm :D

C

-coim-

yup :( albion is quite boring...espescially with an armsman :eek7:

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by dunny_dunny
"at least we r addicted to a game and not drugs, good work ppl"

Hehehehe, the man has a point.

no he dont, daoc is worse than drugs, drugs only mess u up for a few hours, daic destroys1/2 days at a time!

G

gwal

well, a lot may be quitting, but a fair share has also started to return after a break, at least amongst the ppl I know.

present time is a perfect time for many to take a break, and some will quit entirely, for good, with EVE and PS out, and some also trying out DE. after a while, some will realise that they like daoc better, and will be back with renewed vigor, and some will be in love with a new game, staying there instead.

remember that many have been playing daoc for a long time now, and could use something different, at least for a while.

K

Karlo

people quiting isn't a bad thing, its just keeping the populations a bit balanced :p

T

Trinilim

some haven't quit, but have moved to other servers/realms :)

I've gone to mid/pryd because, to be quite frank, albion is as dull as most of the posts on this forum after you've played it for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom