Any1 else think the EA take over will be good?

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
First off, just wanna say....

Im not a big EA fan, they force companys to rush games and often make a good title very hard to get along with (battlefield 2 is a good example imo)

But EA and Mythic could go very very well 2geather imo...

1) EA are loaded. Mythic are a small company by most standards and although they do make good stuff what they really lack (and always have) is advertising.
EA do TV adds in the UK aswell as everything else. We will see a WoW level advert camapign for WaR imo.
More players = more fun imo.

2) EA are not stupid, they know that MMO's are different from other games. Peeps might but 'John Free space pirate' because the box looks sexy but MMO players usually look into the product more. EA will want WaR to be a mega success so they can challenge Blizzard.

3) Games workshop... now they must have a pritty strong hand in the dev of the game. Even on the whole silent partners thingy im sure they wouldnt allow EA to screw the game over... hmmm games workshop (runs out to buy a new TAU army)

From what ive seen and heard WaR is gunna be the nxt big thing, every DAoC player should be very happy with whats on the horizon...

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I really dont give a fuck who owns who. Lets just see how good the game is and judge it on those merits alone.

p.s. Good points, but I dont think number of players = fun. I mean take guild wars as an example zzzzz. Sense of both community and rivalry/competiveness within that is by far the biggest factor in my opinion.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a good thing.

Mythics code and ideas - EA's finance and marketing.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
...what tears said \o/

Im not saying you ONLY need alot of players but more player = more cash = more improvements/upkeep from the devs

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
What concerns me is not the immediate future of the game as said before GW will not allow anything EA like to turn this game too shit unfortunatly after the game is made and is live there isn't an awful lot they can do to stop EA fucking with patches etc at least not that I can see anyway.

I think at first EA will stay out of things but have a feeling once everything is in place they might just start tampering :/ only time will tell but the first sign of it I'll be off :<

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Agreeked.

Really looking forward to this. Hope they don't fck it up.

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
What concerns me is not the immediate future of the game as said before GW will not allow anything EA like to turn this game too shit unfortunatly after the game is made and is live there isn't an awful lot they can do to stop EA fucking with patches etc at least not that I can see anyway.

I think at first EA will stay out of things but have a feeling once everything is in place they might just start tampering :/ only time will tell but the first sign of it I'll be off :<

Think the ONLY input EA will have will be to set deadlines, and probably budget margins. After that they will spend a shit loads on TV comercials. Only possible concern is some thing like EA saying "the game WILL be ready by next tuesday, we dont give a shit about play testing and make sure the first patch is ready for wednesday"

Mey

Part of the furniture
Glacier said:
Agreeked.

Really looking forward to this. Hope they don't fck it up.

Can I just say that first of all thanks for all those links to some shitty website (mate.doyouhaveepilepsy) and in answer to your question “mate.doyouhaveepilepsy” yes I do actually. It’s a good job I do not have photosensitive epilepsy mind or I may of just ended up having a fit in front of pc whilst all my family was out..

I think you need to think strong and hard about what you have done and possibly caused by someone accidentally clicking that link with photosensitive epilepsy..

Original post reported.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it may well be the making of warhammer, if EA leave the game to mythic and work on marketing it, however, i think mythic will be rushed into releasing it unfinished, just like every EA game that comes out.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
= good!

EA brings: advertisement
Mythic brings: the game

= perfect

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:
Can I just say that first of all thanks for all those links to some shitty website (mate.doyouhaveepilepsy) and in answer to your question “mate.doyouhaveepilepsy” yes I do actually. It’s a good job I do not have photosensitive epilepsy mind or I may of just ended up having a fit in front of pc whilst all my family was out..

I think you need to think strong and hard about what you have done and possibly caused by someone accidentally clicking that link with photosensitive epilepsy..

Original post reported.

Glad you reported it I read it this morning but unfortunatly didnt have time to do it myself not sure what his point in doing it was, if it was an attempt at humour it sadly failed, I'm not a suffer myself however my girlfriend is and I found it in very bad taste and posably dangerous to people that are sensative to that sort of thing, what a ****.

Back on topic I really hope it works the way people are hoping and that mythic have said, first sign otherwise though and I'll be away :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom