Any spellcrafters?

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
I've been trying to get 5 items spellcrafted over last 3 days but didn't manage to find 1 online. Well, found 1 but he charged 3.5P cause he figured that every gem needed to 99% quality, doh.

Anybody here that can get me these items spellcrafted? I tip well. :)

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Imho spellcrafters situation is not good atm.
My LGM Florentia was quite active some time ago but then I stopped.

The fact is that SC is a very boring art to master and noone wants to accept orders without a fair earning.
I used to ask 500g per piece flat and that was commonly considered a fair price for a 2-3h works (3-4 pieces)

Then the inflation in hibernia has blown creazy (reason probably fop+animists that made "making" money extremely easy) and price of all items has risen dramatically.

Now item prices are several plats for common artis and scrolls.

So the 1.5-2 plats for a 2-3h work is not economically competitive with a scroll farm that can give you double (or more money) in the same time.

So there are only two solutions:
> rising SC rates (1p per item?), but tbh that sounds unfair to me.
> retire from SC activity..and spend time farming

Me and many other SCer I know, did choose the second.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
I still do some SC for people now and then, not every day but 1-2 days a week. My price is and has been from the start 400 gold pr item, some people praise me for its cheap, others tell me I'm a greedy bastard that shouldnt be allowed to play. But as the previous poster here says, I can make 10x the money just bringing 2 of my anis along with FOP and do a farming round. I dont do SC to make money off people, but I dont wanna sit there working for hours without anything in return either. So for now, my price is still 400 gold.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Mithryn said:
I still do some SC for people now and then, not every day but 1-2 days a week. My price is and has been from the start 400 gold pr item, some people praise me for its cheap, others tell me I'm a greedy bastard that shouldnt be allowed to play. But as the previous poster here says, I can make 10x the money just bringing 2 of my anis along with FOP and do a farming round. I dont do SC to make money off people, but I dont wanna sit there working for hours without anything in return either. So for now, my price is still 400 gold.

i may we add a nice one \o/

blaze

Fledgling Freddie
its not hard to lvl up a spellcrafter for yourself.. ive done it :p

fade

Fledgling Freddie
whats the cost getting from 0 to LGM SC? been thinking of making 1 as well

Akai_Kage

Fledgling Freddie
It's not the cost. You know that in ToA money don't suppose a problem.
It's the pain and the time that suppose to lvl up a tradeskill ... -_-

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
I stoped SCing when TOA came out. Spellcrafting blows! When an other crafter makes some stuff he makes 1-6 items (99% or MP), when a SCer takes a full order that means 32 gems (99% most of the time). I simply cba to press the same stupid button over and over again because most ppl don't even appreciate your work. Instead they insult you, call you greedy, rip off price, ect. Very few ppl give you a decend tip too.

Only SCing my own chars and doing some gems for my friends.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
I estimate somewhere between 20 and 30 plat, so its not about the money, purely about the time to get there, and the aggrivation it is to do the actual spellcrafting once you are LGM.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
fade said:
whats the cost getting from 0 to LGM SC? been thinking of making 1 as well
From 10 to 14 P I think, quite average thus.
It's not the cost of leveling that puts most ppl off, it's the time spend watching the green bar grow and buying the thousands of 20+ varying ingredients.

Danita

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Yes this is another weird fact.

When I levelled my two LGM (WC and SC) getting the dozen of plats needed (my WC is 1080+) was a pain. I had to farm A LOT and then consume hours hitting the key to see all those precious money vanish for a few skill point gain.

Now the 20P for a SC or a 40+P for a capped WC.... are the price of one scroll or a few hours of anifop farm.....

I am getting old and nostalgic.... as usual ;)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
spent about 13p on mine i think...Im considering takin orders again cause i cba pharmin scrolls most of the time...but usually have a lotta waste time :p (watching tv almost as addictive as daoc :eek6: )

/Dracus

Alea

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it can cost a lot less now, with the tradeskill quests. At 800+ you can have items with 8% extra chance to gain, and the 700+800 quests doesn't take long to do either (and can be done at the same time). Atleast I have felt they really speed the crafting up and make it a lot cheaper.

Can trigger them at your tradeskill master, either in tnn or domnan. Only drawback is that you have to do the earlier versions before you can do the latter, and the 500 quest is a bit of running around (not too bad though since you only have to do it once).

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
I´m taking orders whenever i´m online.

charging 250g/item + 60g/point overcharge, requirements for crafting is that i have your template, you have provided names of your guild and commonly played characters, and that you yourself are online while i do it (simply to avoid "i´ve already gotten the stuff done by someone else")

Like someone said, it´s ludicrous the amount of senseless whine one recieve, from ppl who think 2.5-3p is expensive for SCíng a full set of armor. when several scrolls for not too impressive artifacts costs twice or more as much.

to be perfectly honest, the ones who are the cheapskates and greedy bastards, are the ones who complain about the SC prices.

Toglet

Fledgling Freddie
I will SC too, same conditions as Nimue above. Contact any Tog in Jupiter.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
charge 1p per item, i'm speccing SC up atm (700) and i honestly dont plan to do it for 500g a piece, call me greedy i dont really care! if someone really wants SC done that badly, they will pay, you're not forcing them to do anything they dont really want to do. it's not fun, why should anyone have to do it for minimum price.

as for tips, if you expect tips you should just raise your prices to whatever. i dont tip, purely because i dont wajn when i do actually find a SCer, i just pay whatever they ask they would be over charging me and then i go tip em, its a bit lol!!! just over charge as standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom