Advice Any seasoned eBayers?

gohan

FH is my second home
need some advice,
Bought a car through eBay, completely happy with it etc, but was advertised as taxed until Oct, the tax disc expirs in Oct but it is for a different numberplate (the owner who had it before had a personalised number plate) the guy I bought it from bought it after it was last taxed and only had it for 3 months so never taxed it himself (or knew that it was previously on peronalised number plates) just had to shell out and extra £120 for 6 months that I can't really afford. Technically it's his fault as the car isn't as listed, but at the same time he hasn't done it intentionally, I've offered him a 50/50 split on it as we've both been done, but if he says no to that where do I stand?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I only purchase soiled women underwear in bulk so I cannot be of much help mate....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
need some advice,
Bought a car through eBay, completely happy with it etc, but was advertised as taxed until Oct, the tax disc expirs in Oct but it is for a different numberplate (the owner who had it before had a personalised number plate) the guy I bought it from bought it after it was last taxed and only had it for 3 months so never taxed it himself (or knew that it was previously on peronalised number plates) just had to shell out and extra £120 for 6 months that I can't really afford. Technically it's his fault as the car isn't as listed, but at the same time he hasn't done it intentionally, I've offered him a 50/50 split on it as we've both been done, but if he says no to that where do I stand?
You got a link to the eBay post or a copy of the wording?

gohan

FH is my second home
You got a link to the eBay post or a copy of the wording?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320924343222?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I don't think it can be dispute by him, but I don't want to bend him ove as I think it's a genuine mistake. I hink half as fair as I'm getting screwed over aswell but when I first brought it up before I went to get it taxed he basically said he knows nothing about it an he didn't change the number plate so it's nothing to do with him. So I get the feeling he will say simular after I offer to pay half, and if he does I just want to know where I stand

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320924343222?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I don't think it can be dispute by him, but I don't want to bend him ove as I think it's a genuine mistake. I hink half as fair as I'm getting screwed over aswell but when I first brought it up before I went to get it taxed he basically said he knows nothing about it an he didn't change the number plate so it's nothing to do with him. So I get the feeling he will say simular after I offer to pay half, and if he does I just want to know where I stand
File the dispute mate, the car wasn't actually taxed if it had an incorrect disc on it. It clearly says on the listing page "Road Tax: 10/2012" and he's trying to dodge it. I cannot remember how long you get to file a dispute but do it asap.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
File the dispute mate, the car wasn't actually taxed if it had an incorrect disc on it. It clearly says on the listing page "Road Tax: 10/2012" and he's trying to dodge it. I cannot remember how long you get to file a dispute but do it asap.
Also, there are pictures on eBay of the motor showing the plates. If they match the tax disc then the guy has lied and changed the plates.

gohan

FH is my second home
looks like it's 90 days, when I went to resolution centre it's still showing a game I bought in March. I'll wait for his answer regarding 50/50, if he's gonna be a dick about it then I'll hit him for the full amount with eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom