Any RvR biased guilds out there recruiting?

S

silvertrek

Hi

I have a level 50 Armsman maxed sword and board, who needs a new RvR guild.

The guild I am in now is great, except no organised RvR other than the odd guild zerg.

I have tried GoL, FC and BF all with the "no" answer (some quite rude elitist answers from some).

I am what people call a noob I guess, only 45,000 rp's, so I get ignore pain next week :)

However, I am keen to learn, and know the basic principles for an armsman, i.e. if it wear a dress kill it! :p

So, anyone out there still, I guess the elite guilds think I am of no value atm, so can anyone offer me a new active RvR home?

Thanks

G

gunner440

mebe using the term elitist is why u didnt get in? o_O

T

Tilda

well generally the RvR guild that i know of try to do two things:

keep their player ballance so that they can ensure players a ballanced group, ie not 50 mincers and no CC

two, generally we (FC, i cant speak for the others) scout people who we see playing well, we dont just invited somebody who comes along and askes for an invite.

You could try Strife though, imo RvR guilds will offer you a trial at best, not just instant membership.

also , FC arent RvR biased ;) afaik, i believe the work your looking for is Based. :)

Tilda

O

old.Wildfire

no actually tilda i think he means biased :)

T

Treniel-

FC got quite a few armsmen recently at 1st it was just me but now we got Galaha, Poclyan, Edge(woot hes back!), Metalwolf and Forky (alt char)

so more than 5 armsmen for a guild that never normally has more than 1-2fg out would be gimped when we got v active mercs and paladins

:)

O

old.Wildfire

<Strife> 350k LWRP

come on guys!

(note: this is not a flame - more an "encouragement" post)

O

old.Odysseus

from duskwave:
Realm Points 467,009

Personally I got 16K in 3 hours yesterday ....
Thats 5.33K / hour.
Thats very decent.

Remember that most of us play 19-2400, so the timespan in which we get our RP is relatively small :)

F

Flimgoblin

hrm, tank heavy group... interesting..

come next patch:
2 paladins (end regen, fh)
friar
cleric
4 more tanks (armsmen/mercenaries) with determination 3 and purge.

of the 6 tank-types, 2 should have shields, the other 4 whichever.

An earth elementalist buffbot :)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Fingoniel
hrm, tank heavy group... interesting..

come next patch:
2 paladins (end regen, fh)
friar
cleric
4 more tanks (armsmen/mercenaries) with determination 3 and purge.

of the 6 tank-types, 2 should have shields, the other 4 whichever.

An earth elementalist buffbot :)
You'd need to drop one of those 4 extra tanks and put a mincer in there, otherwise this group isn't going to get very far!

Other than that, it's an interesting idea. Could be quite fun to try.... ;)

My preferred group would probably look something like:

2 Paladins (S&B)
Friar
Cleric (Rejuv/Enh)
Minstrel
Theurgist (Air/Earth) or Wizard
Mercenary (with prevent flight)
Mercenary or Armsman (hybrid pole or S&B)

I suspect the Mercenary with prevent flight may be rare for a while.... Is any merc other than me thinking of giving it a try? :p

K

K0nah

id give it a try if i had a respec left, but i dont, hence i wont ;)

its a nice RA but i think the amount of times i chase ppl and either dont catch them or dont kill them doesnt justify the 14 points, dont forget alb gets end regen too next patch, so no more kiting with endless sprint for tehibbyz :(

J

Jiggs

had a group on saturday morning:

1minstrel
1pala
5 armsman
1 friar

now maybe you dont believe me but we actually beat 1fg hibs 2 times lol

imo they had trouble deciding who to kill, thats the interesting thing with tank heavy groups: who do you target?? the guy with 2000hp or the guy with 2000hp etc etc........

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by alithiel50

You'd need to drop one of those 4 extra tanks and put a mincer in there, otherwise this group isn't going to get very far!
Oops! oh yeah :)

I suspect the Mercenary with prevent flight may be rare for a while.... Is any merc other than me thinking of giving it a try? :p

Always been planning on it...

I've talked to a few other mercs that are thinking of getting it...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by K0nah
id give it a try if i had a respec left, but i dont, hence i wont ;)

You get a respec with this patch... but I guess if you don't like it you can't swap back after, fair enough.

A

alithiel50

With the points I have saved (and the refund I'll get from the cost reduction for IP and Determination 3), I'll be getting prevent flight as soon as I log on after the patch!

I usually find myself chasing after a bard or sprinting elf/luri in the majority of fights against Hibs, so I think this RA will be well worth the points....

Originally posted by Fingoniel

You get a respec with this patch... but I guess if you don't like it you can't swap back after, fair enough.
You can, but you have to wait for 1.58 and kill the dragon! :D

S

silvertrek

Well

Originally posted by Gunnerr

Maybe if they we not elistist (well one guild it was) then they wouldn't have the reputation they have?

Just maybe ...

T

Tranquil-

A new rvr guild falc, think there's a thread about it somewhere.

Gunnerr, do you think he'd call the guild he applied to elitist when trying to join? :p Don't you think it's something he'd call the guild if he got an arrogant answer AFTER asking?

That's life, yep. Though to be elitist and to be arrogant is two different things. Hard to separate the two eh? :rolleyes:

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jiggs
imo they had trouble deciding who to kill, thats the interesting thing with tank heavy groups: who do you target?? the guy with 2000hp or the guy with 2000hp etc etc........

yep i noticed it from our side a while back too with a hib guild we met in odins, they had no casters and it was like "wheres teh fuckin elf/luri hiding!!" can buy valuable seconds.

K

K0nah

I usually find myself chasing after a bard or sprinting elf/luri in the majority of fights against Hibs, so I think this RA will be well worth the points....

Longwind 2 + Charge save 10 points!! ;)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by K0nah

Longwind 2 + Charge save 10 points!! ;)

1. Charge is on a timer

2. Relies on you having Endurance left to sprint!

3. No 50% 12 sec snare.... this isn't just to keep them in range of my swords, but also in range of a friendly Wizard with an itchy trigger finger!

F

Flimgoblin

3. No 50% 12 sec snare.... this isn't just to keep them in range of my swords, but also in range of a friendly Wizard with an itchy trigger finger!

apparently these stack :)

two procs and they're rooted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom